Cheater

1996

- ikdc, January 31, 2017

- DAzebras, February 12, 2014

Like it or not, January 23, 2014

by Simon Deimel (Germany)
The idea of CHEATER is not new, but surely interesting; it is a big advantage if you tried to program with Inform yourself. It is not difficult once you find out the principles.
It is a very short game. I played around a bit until I found the solution, and unfortunately, despite its shortness, there were some inaccuracies.
(Spoiler - click to show)The pillar that supports the cave can be taken in a normal way. Meh. The pedestal can be purloined and will still be mentioned in the room description -- and the toaster, resting on it, will still be present in the room, maybe hovering in the air. Meh.
These things are a little shoddy and could have easily been detected with a little testing (Spoiler - click to show)(applying the commands that are required for the solution to other possible objects). Nevertheless we must honor that it is the authors first game and it is finishable. I recommend it to people who like to think outside the box.

Cute, May 21, 2010
by tggdan3 (Michigan)
This was kind of a cute game. You are a cheater as a character, so as a player you cheat too, you use (Spoiler - click to show) use the debugging commands to get through the game .

Not really worth a lot of playing, and if you don't really program with Inform you won't get very far.

Still, it was a cute idea, and one of the better joke entries I've seen.

- loungeman (Bilbao, Spain), January 4, 2010