Alice Aforethought

by Hanon Ondricek profile

Surreal

I need your help. I mean, you're the one who is supposed to talk me out of things before I do anything stupid.

Time has stopped moving, and that might turn out to have been my fault. I didn't mean to do it. You must believe me. I'll prove it to you if you help me fix this. There are other people who might be able to help us.

Unfortunately, they are all mad.

First Publication Date: October 1, 2017
Development System: AXMA Story Maker
TUID: i9hkuf3a485h657k

12th Place - 23rd Annual Interactive Fiction Competition (2017)

One of the best puzzly web games out there. Surreal Alice., November 16, 2017
Related reviews: about 2 hours
I beta tested this game.

This is an intense puzzle game, and it has some small graphics, background sounds/music, and timed responses.

This is a tricky, tricky puzzle game. You have to redeem yourself after destroying your father's pocket watch. The game sends you on a journey with several axes: time, space, size, etc.

I like it quite a bit, even writing down a walkthrough for it.

I only give it 4 stars because timed text delays drive me crazy. But not everyone may feel that way.

If you enjoyed Alice Aforethought...

People who like Alice Aforethought also gave high ratings to these games:

Darkiss! Wrath of the Vampire - Chapter 2: Journey to Hell, by Marco Vallarino
Ovranilla: a gloomy land full of traps. And wicked monsters. Carmilla, Millarca and Mircalla: the priestesses of the god Valmar, waiting for you in the devil's hole. Welcome back, Martin Voigt. Will hell be bad enough to stop you?

Capsule II - The 11th Sandman, by PaperBlurt
There's this pause on the Makida every time the current Sandman goes back into the cryotube, and before the new one awakes. A certain calm where all is still. The Makida's dull hum is heard, but that is all. No footsteps. No whispers. No...

Gris et Jaune, by Jason Devlin
She wanted answers. He wanted a cure. You just wanted to live.

The following polls include votes for Alice Aforethought:

This is version 9 of this page, edited by Hanon Ondricek on 16 November 2017 at 9:22am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item