Hypervisible

by porree profile

Surreal

"What we are experiencing here is our incapability to accept meaninglessness. We have to face that maybe, all that is happening here is a woman turning dark for no reason at all - we have to face that she might not be a sign, a symbol or a symptom, that there is no cause for all of this, and that maybe, and that is not my theory alone, but that of many others-", she declared while adjusting her glasses pointlessly, "of many others, that we are not able to see anything in a way that is not metaphorical because language and basically any string of text are metaphorical and often already fictionalizing. And if this is the case, the woman in the cube has, to an extent, ceased to exist."

***

"-simply not correct to cage people in", the news anchor shouted at her because she had turned up the volume too quickly, "no matter how much we theorize about this, we all agree that what is happening in the cube is a crime."

***

You watch someone. Everybody is watching her.

Which is particularly interesting because nobody can see her.

First Publication Date: September 23, 2015
TUID: i6cawuy05wsx7i5j

This is version 2 of this page, edited by porree on 12 April 2016 at 3:19pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item