Shade

- Zape, April 28, 2020

- Sammel, April 1, 2020

- edcst, April 1, 2020

Good Story, Eh Execution, March 1, 2020
It's a unique experience, but the game is not very friendly. Help and Menu available on most IF's don't exist here (well, it does, but it's not helpful). Players are left to fend for themselves when verbs don't work. With the constant changing scenes, it isn't always completely intuitive what needs to happen next. Sometimes a player knows what to do, but doesn't hit the right word to make it happen, which leads to more frustration than anything. Great concept overshadowed by a frustrating lack of attention to the gameplay itself.

- _firexe, December 5, 2019

- Tropical Gothic (Asia), December 2, 2019

- ImaginaryTalkingRabbit, October 2, 2019

- erzulie, September 24, 2019

- ryd5185, September 15, 2019

Innovative creative writing experiment. Boring interactive fiction., August 23, 2019
This isn't anything you haven't read in a college student's creative writing workshop. Or a no budget student film. The game itself is considered innovative. But there really isn't much to talk about. In general I'm not a fan of this kind of game. It leaves me going, "Huh. Okay." The author himself admits that he rushed to get it to a competition.

Often showing up in top 20 game lists. Frankly, I believe this is due to accessibility, and little to do with the quality of the title. Yes, you don't have to bang your head against this one for long to beat it, but are you left feeling fulfilled? I wasn't. Still, there isn't anything objectively bad about the title. Even if I consider it overrated. It's just not to my taste.

- jjsonick, August 17, 2019

- illuki, November 3, 2018

- artao (SW Wisconsin), September 3, 2018

A one room vignette, September 1, 2018
by f-a
As other reviewers stated, very difficult to talk about this game without spoiling anything. I will say it is an interesting experiment, puzzles were mostly boring/uninteresting and drags a bit too long for my taste.

Play it with ~1h to kill and an open mind. If you get stuck, just read a transcript.

Previous | << 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >> | Next | Show All | Return to game's main page