beebgames.zip *

by Pete Austin and Joan Lamb

Episode 2 of The Adrian Mole Diaries
Children's/Slice of life/Literary
1987

"Welcome to the second computer game to feature the contents of my diary - is there no such thing as privacy? Such is the price of fame I suppose.

The aim of the game is to make me as popular as possible with everyone. You make decisions for me through multiple choice questions. Now I am more mature, life is even more complicated and I have even more decisions to make, so there's a lot of text in there and some very nice illustrations too. Some may think it's a game; I prefer to think of it as a sort of quest for the Meaning of Life - not easy to find in Laurel Close, Leicester!

So good luck, being popular as well as an intellectual is not so easy. I should know, I've spent all my life trying!"

Adrian Mole

License: Former commercial
Development System: A-Code
IFIDs:  LEVEL9-002-1
LEVEL9-002-2
LEVEL9-002-3
TUID: hgx69yhr3dspvrmt

Sequel to The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole Aged 13, by Pete Austin and James Horsler

Same recipe, still entertaining, June 30, 2020
by Denk
Related reviews: Level 9
This is the second and last game in the Adrian Mole series. This time Adrian is about one year older. Technically, the game is pretty much identical to the first: It is a Slice of Life CYOA where you follow the teenager Adrian Mole for a little more than a year through his diary and often you are given three choices on how Adrian should deal with a situation. Your aim is to be as popular as possible, but for fun, you can try to make him unpopular as well and see the consequences of the more unwise decisions.

Though the game is very much like the first game in style, Adrian experience new situations which are once again humorously described. So even though there is nothing groundbreaking about this game, it is quite entertaining. The game can certainly be played without playing the first game, though it is recommended to play the first game before this.

If you enjoyed The Growing Pains of Adrian Mole...