Eldritch Everyday: The Third Eye

by Norbez profile

You didn't die in that [REDACTED]. But the fate in store for you makes you wish you had.

The first in what will hopefully become a series of games, discussing life's various terrors. This one is about a car accident and post-traumatic stress--please read the content warnings before playing.

Content warning: Car accident, post-traumatic stress, traumatic flashbacks, suicidal ideation, self-loathing, swearing, masturbation.

First Publication Date: October 1, 2019
TUID: hgkgjnrjcx10menw

62nd Place - 25th Annual Interactive Fiction Competition (2019)

A slightly buggy but compelling Twine game about a surreal horror, October 7, 2019
This game is currently broken. I don't think it will always be that way, and I'd be happy to change my review if that changes.

You play as a character who experiences a life-changing event that results in the implantation of an alien presence. You shift back and forth between a real world and an alien, and between linear parts and puzzle parts.

There is some strong language. I'm loving the storyline here and would love to see this fixed.

Edit:

The author has made several improvements, although it's not perfect. I completed all three chapters this time, and I really felt a connection with the author. The feeling of impending doom that cannot be escape is truly a relatable feeling after I faced a difficult job search this year.

I love dark, psychological/surreal settings, and this story called to me. Some small things still need tweaking, however.

If you enjoyed Eldritch Everyday: The Third Eye...