chicken.zip
by David Welbourn

Unity!

by Greg Ewing

1998

In this game strongly-inspired by Infocom's Trinity, you play as someone who—thanks to an oddly-helpful chicken—travels to other places and times to prevent disasters in the fast-food cold war between a major hamburger franchise and its competition in the fried chicken business.

Development System: Alan 2
TUID: hdgyw9qysboy2eoa

Entrant - ChickenComp

I have been informed that the bugs mentioned in Mr. Musante's have been fixed in more recent versions of the Alan runtime (specifically, Alan 2.8.6).

-- Carl Muckenhoupt

The funniest part of this game is that, while the author remembered to prevent someone from saying 'get phone booth', he seems to have forgotten 'pick up phone booth'. And no, you don't die. :-) Whereas the majority of the games in this competition made the chicken crossing the road an integral part of the plot, in this game it's incidental. Once you manage to use the phonebooth properly, you're thrust into a fantasy world with enterable looking-glasses, transportation huts, magic wands and giant toads. I was unable to complete this game, unfortunately, being stymied by the Alan runtime. Every time I restored a game all the game objects would disappear on me. :-( I really would love to play this game out, as it appeals to me greatly, but I fear I've spent too much time on it already.

-- Mark Musante

Unity! on IFDB

Unity! appears in the following Recommended Lists:

My new walkthroughs for February 2019 by David Welbourn
On Wednesday, February 27, 2019, I published new walkthroughs for the games listed below! Some of these were paid for by my wonderful patrons at Patreon. Please consider supporting me to make even more new walkthroughs for works of...

This is version 2 of this page, edited by David Welbourn on 27 February 2019 at 9:39am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item