Wretch.zip
Contains WretchItchioEmbed.html

Wretch!

by Josh Labelle profile

You awaken in a lab. Your head is filled with memories not wholly your own. The mysterious doctor regards you from the doorway.

Will you try to earn his favor?
Or escape his ramshackle house?

Can you make a friend and find a place in the world?
Or would you prefer to get impossibly drunk trying?

The story of a teenaged Frankenstein's monster who attends a raging party, Wretch! starts as a Mary Shelley novel, but ends as a John Hughes movie.

Writing, music, and design by Josh Labelle.

Art by Jonathan Harvey.

First Publication Date: October 30, 2018
License: Creative Commons
IFID: 282BB000-1ED6-44D5-B0D4-E3F14128591E
TUID: hamlos6s92pdkjjw

Entrant, Le Grand Guignol - EctoComp 2018

A long exploratory Twine game about a Frankenstein scenario, November 4, 2018
In this game, you play a patched-up person made up of different people's parts.

It comes in three acts, two of which are exploratory, and the third of which is mostly a coda.

In the first act, you explore the house of yourself and your master, spending several days or weeks in-game exploring, thinking, learning, and solving some puzzles.

In the second act, you have the chance to interact more with the real world.

The styling was nice here, with Harmonia-like spacing and margins. Options are greyed out to indicate places you should explore more.

This really worked well on a lot of levels. I found the exploration tedious at times, but I don't think that there's an easy fix, and the game is good as-is. My ending was touching.

If you enjoyed Wretch!...

People who like Wretch! also gave high ratings to these games:

Get Lost!, by S. Woodson
You're a suburban teen, sick of the suburbs. You run away to the land of the fairies, prepared for thrills and danger. Absolutely nothing happens the way you expect. A short Twine game with nine endings, originally commissioned for Now...

We Are Unfinished, by Ade McT
The last of the day's light is fading. And, without light, how can he see? A very short piece of Interactive Fiction for the TinyUtopia jam.

Take, by Katherine Morayati (as Amelia Pinnolla)
You are battle-weary. Your armor is scanty and your countenance is loathsome; you tire of the swords flicking at your neck. But you have a duty. There is nothing you can't take. (Content warning: Violence, implied adult themes,...

Wretch! appears in the following Recommended Lists:

Ectocomp Games (All English Winners/Entries) by thecanvasrose

Favorite Horror Games by thecanvasrose
The horror IF that I most love and enjoy! For a list of other horror games with good ratings, see my other horror games list: https://ifdb.tads.org/viewlist?id=5885mj6icegla9og

This is version 2 of this page, edited by Doug Orleans on 16 November 2018 at 10:56pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item