candy.z5

Candy

by Ryan Stevens

Joke
1997

"You are playing a small child dropped off at the house of its aunt, on a desperate quest for candies. This is a beta version of "Candy."" [--blurb from The Z-Files Catalogue]

IFID: ZCODE-1-970621-19BB
TUID: h1pb07z9f6wdw69i

A bizarre and unsettling "game" with very little interactivity. The theme of the game seems to be anorexia, but this doesn't seem to have been developed. Lots of spelling mistakes, programming errors, and inside jokes, and it even features that old favorite, takeable objects listed in the room description. In other words, a typical Rybread Celsius game.

-- R. Serena Wakefield

This is another extremely short game programmed with Inform - four locations, three bits of "candy" to find - and should take about ten minutes from start to finish; if you manage to suppress your irritation with the awkward phrasing, poor grammar and hopeless spelling long enough to persist to the end.

Unfinished but interesting, December 22, 2007
by Dominic Delabruere (U.S.A.)
As of the writing of this review, "Candy" is not at all finished and very buggy, but holds some interest. What little there is in this game presents a fun satire, most notably of societal encouragement of eating disorders, in a fairly rich (if currently tiny) environment. Were it finished, I would recommend this game.

A super short Rybread Celsius game about body image, February 9, 2016
This is an unfinished Rybread Celsius game about body image. More than other Celsius games, there are bugs, entrances not matching with exits, u implemented items, quirky syntax.

At least this one has a message, about body image. It wasn't that bad of a message; as I said in another review, this author would fit in well with some of the absurdist Twine authors.

More of a rant than a game, September 17, 2015
by mjhayes (Niagara Falls, NY)
Besides being very hastily written, I knew not to expect much from this excuse for a story when I looked out the window and got the description, "It's a beautiful sunny day. You have a sudden urge to play Nintendo." Imagine my (lack of) surprise when I gave up trying to open the padlock on the refrigerator and ended up reading a long rant about body image acceptance, or some such. Move along; nothing to see here.

Candy on IFDB

Candy appears in the following Recommended Lists:

"My apartment" games by MathBrush
It's a trope in interactive fiction that first time author's tend to model their own home or apartment in detail as an experiment in programming. To see if this trope is true, I've created a list of 'my apartment' games. Because in most...

This is version 4 of this page, edited by David Welbourn on 23 June 2017 at 3:28am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item