Play online
This game can be played online.
eamon206.dsk.gz *
for ProDOS
edos3206.dsk.gz *
EDOS3206.SDK
EAMON206.SHK
for ProDOS
* Compressed with gzip. Free unpacking tools are available for most systems.

Curse of the Hellsblade

by John Nelson and Tom Zuchowski

Episode 206 of Eamon
Fantasy/RPG
1991

You find a wondrous sword of black metal, only to find out that it is cursed! Now, you must find a way to contain this demon blade before it destroys everyone you meet!

This adventure is part of the Eamon universe. Like all Eamon adventures, it is an RPG-style game, mostly using a two-word parser. Because Eamon is a modular system, you may bring a character and equipment from other adventures into this one.

First Publication Date: March 1, 1991
Development System: Eamon
TUID: gtjbw50ndz00n154

Classic RPG online, March 20, 2018
by Denk
Related reviews: Eamon
I played this game online at Eamon Remastered where you can either play with your own character or a demo character.

This RPG is quite original in the sense that you are cursed with the sword Hellsblade, so that you attack all beings on your path with the sword, whether they are friends or foes. First you need to find a way to control the blade and later get rid of it, so that the world will be a safe place once again.

The game is a classic Eamon adventure, so there will be lots of interesting treasures and weapons to pick up, which you can then sell or use in other Eamon adventures. The game is very much about combat and exploring, finding keys, secret rooms and tunnels but there are also a few real puzzles included. Hints are included in case you get stuck.

The writing is good and the game is well designed. I have played a lot of Eamon games lately and this is one of the best I have tried so far. I can certainly recommend this.

If you enjoyed Curse of the Hellsblade...