Requires an ADRIFT version 5 interpreter. Visit the ADRIFT site for download links.

The Call of the Shaman

by Larry Horsfield

Episode 6 of The Adventures of Alaric Blackmoon

Your bride-to-be, Princess Bronwynn, has been poisoned in a botched assassination attempt. The poison is a very rare one and you must travel to a far land to find the Shaman who is the only person who might know how to make the antidote.

First Publication Date: October 1, 2019
Development System: ADRIFT
TUID: firr7ovgimu4g65m

72nd Place - 25th Annual Interactive Fiction Competition (2019)

The latest in an epic series of Adrift games. Travel to colonial America., October 13, 2019
Related reviews: about 2 hours
I've seen the Alaric Blackmoon series suggested to me on IFDB for years, but never tried one of the games.

There are six or more in the series, and they involve a valiant warrior in Europe in the times of swords and armor.

In this game, you travel to America to encounter a Native American shaman.

I'd love to talk more about the game, but I encountered a game-destroying bug. A thief comes into town, and you chase him out. When I killed him, he kept appearing anyway, and so I was periodically kicked out of town and could not reach the trading post.

I'd love to update my review if this bug were fixed!

Edit: There is an updated version that fixed that bug, and I had fun exploring the town. I added another star to the review. I got stuck again, because I couldn't find Henrik, but I'll keep trying!

If you enjoyed The Call of the Shaman...