The Fire Tower

- Guenni (At home), August 2, 2017

- Cory Roush (Ohio), July 19, 2017

- leanbh, April 23, 2016

A nature hike without puzzles. Very peaceful, February 3, 2016

This game is a peaceful, calm exploration of nature, the way She's Got A Thing For A Spring or A Change In The Weather would have been without puzzles.

This game was a Landscape entry in the IF Art Show, so the emphasis here is on detail, setting, the five senses, and so on. I loved the nature feeling here.

There are multiple paths you can take, but I just played through once. There are some exciting random events, and some philosophy.

Recommended for everyone.

- Zeofar, August 29, 2013

- DJ (Olalla, Washington), May 21, 2013

- Ryan Veeder (Iowa), April 25, 2013

Good in all ways, April 25, 2013
by Marsh (Oxfordshire, UK)
I wrote the attached SPAG review, so won't add to that here.

- Floating Info, April 17, 2013

A walk in the park?, July 16, 2011
by Aintelligence (Canada)
Being an enthusiastic hiker, the idea of this game really appealed to me. Not nessicerily as a game in itself, but more in the idea of creating a virtual hike. Honestly I was slightly surprised that even an attempt of a surreal hike was even made. I was curious about how much more text could picture a days hike than say, a video game.

Well, to start off, I was expecting a little bit more implementation more verbs, and examines, which in my opinion would have made the experience way more enjoyable. As it turns out there are very many herbs unimplimented (which may be just as well; it is if art anyhow), but what was really annoying was how few 'x' verbs there were. It just didn't work well having just general descriptions and a bare minimum af 'x' verbs. I wanted to be able to take in the scene, but instead, it was more 2-dimensional than i would have liked. Sort of like listening to a book read by Microsoft Sam. Blandish.

The parts that were implemented were well done though, and rather relaxing really. The descriptions were artistic enough to be fun and not a complete bore. Not a bad substitute for a hike in the park if you're stuck inside on a rainy day.

3.5 stars