Featured in the Handsome Text Collection
by David Welbourn

Cheesed Off!

by Hulk Handsome profile

Humor

An entry in the First Quadrennial Ryan Veeder Exposition for Good Interactive Fiction.

This is a punny game where you solve puzzles with cheese.

Mr. Veeder said the following about it: "Doesn't have much going on, but it made me laugh" (quote may not be accurate). Coincidentally, this is also how Hulk Handsome's dates describe him. Except for the bit about making them laugh.

First Publication Date: March 14, 2016
TUID: f1su3oa3uca0wtwg

6th Place - First Quadrennial Ryan Veeder Exposition for Good Interactive Fiction

A pun-based cheese game, March 17, 2016
In this game, you have a huge inventory of cheeses that you carry into six or seven rooms. Each room has a setup missing one thing; you have to place the correct cheese in the setting to create a pun.

Overall, I found the game to be funny and the puns amusing. Occasionally the puns were strained, so I just tried each cheese in turn. Also, there were occasional bugs (well, I just had one, if you try to give something to the punster).

Overall, a fun snack for fans of wordplay and puns.

Note that this is from Veeder Comp, a competition designed purely to please Ryan Veeder, who organized the competition. This explains the references to Ryan.

Cheese and puns, March 16, 2016
by Robin Johnson (Edinburgh, Scotland)
If you like cheese and puns, you will like this game. It is a series of fairly simple puzzles involving (some rather contrived) cheese homonyms. Just missing a few classics - for example, you have Mascarpone, but you don't get the chance to hide a horse behind it.

If you enjoyed Cheesed Off!...

People who like Cheesed Off! also gave high ratings to these games:

9 Secret Steps, by mathbrush
A hypertext fiction based on the They Might Be Giants song of the same name. Choose what to sacrifice as you enter a mystic society. Play time less than 15 minutes. Three endings.

Photopia, by Adam Cadre

Dude, Where's My Scapula?, by Zachary Hodgens
Where on Earth did you leave that thing?

Cheesed Off! appears in the following Recommended Lists:

My new walkthroughs for April 2019 by David Welbourn
On Saturday, April 27, 2019, I published new walkthroughs for the games listed below! Some of these were paid for by my wonderful patrons at Patreon. Please consider supporting me to make even more new walkthroughs for works of...

This is version 10 of this page, edited by David Welbourn on 27 April 2019 at 8:19am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item