Walkthrough
To view this file, you need an Acrobat Reader for your system.

Le jour où la Terre dégusta

by Yakkafo

Comedy

​Vous croyiez devoir finir vos jours à enseigner la linguistique dans un amphithéâtre décrépi, quand la France vient vous confier une mission hors du commun : sauver la Terre d’un quiproquo interplanétaire.

Language: French (fr)
First Publication Date: January 14, 2019
TUID: f02jkymlqhy3pva

Winner - French Comp 2019

An amusing take on alien-human interaction, January 31, 2019
This game employs two common tropes but combines them in a fun way.

The first is communication using emojis. Like B.P. Hennessy's Known Unkown's and litrouke's 10 pm, you have an array of emojis you can pick from and combine into different emoji sentences.

The second trope is 'aliens communicate and we must decode it', like Contact, 2001, or Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind.

This particular game takes a humorous approach. I was faked out twice at the end, which I enjoyed. I used google translate, as there were many French words I was unfamiliar with.

It's a fairly short game, with 4 chapters and an epilogue, but each chapter being only a couple of choices.

I felt like the game respected my choices and made an effort to be interactive.

If you enjoyed Le jour où la Terre dégusta...