Walkthrough
To view this file, you need an Acrobat Reader for your system.

Le jour où la Terre dégusta

by Yakkafo

Comedy

​Vous croyiez devoir finir vos jours à enseigner la linguistique dans un amphithéâtre décrépi, quand la France vient vous confier une mission hors du commun : sauver la Terre d’un quiproquo interplanétaire.

Language: French (fr)
First Publication Date: January 14, 2019
TUID: f02jkymlqhy3pva

Winner - French Comp 2019

Court, drôle et innovant, August 2, 2019
by Nicolas Pérot (France)
J'ai apprécié le détournement des tropes de rencontre extraterrestre, la création de ce fameux langage de communication interespèces, les multiples interprétations, les nombreuses fins cohérentes avec les choix... C'est court, plaisant, cela donne envie de rejouer (et c'est facilité grâce au menu final).

"Le jour où la Terre dégusta" fait partie des fictions interactives que j'utilise pour faire découvrir le genre à des novices qui veulent lire en français. Bravo !

An amusing take on alien-human interaction, January 31, 2019
This game employs two common tropes but combines them in a fun way.

The first is communication using emojis. Like B.P. Hennessy's Known Unkown's and litrouke's 10 pm, you have an array of emojis you can pick from and combine into different emoji sentences.

The second trope is 'aliens communicate and we must decode it', like Contact, 2001, or Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind.

This particular game takes a humorous approach. I was faked out twice at the end, which I enjoyed. I used google translate, as there were many French words I was unfamiliar with.

It's a fairly short game, with 4 chapters and an epilogue, but each chapter being only a couple of choices.

I felt like the game respected my choices and made an effort to be interactive.

If you enjoyed Le jour où la Terre dégusta...

People who like Le jour où la Terre dégusta also gave high ratings to these games:

Virgin Space, by Billy Y. Fernández
Unamuno's snake has coiled itself in the black hole of the Galactic Roman and devours everything in its path. Get into the skin of the Captain Dominica and travel to the Virgin Space in a desperate attempt to stop the catastrophe.

Save the Date, by Chris Cornell
"It’s a perfectly normal evening, and you have a quiet dinner planned with one of your friends. And so begins one of my weirder games. Save the Date is a game about a lot of things. Friendship. Stories. Hope. Destiny. And above all else,...

To Hell in a Hamper, by J. J. Guest
Professor Pettibone, eminent Victorian balloonist, has a problem. He can't get it up. His balloon that is. If he can't reach an altitude of 20,000 feet, and soon, both he and his mysterious travelling companion Hubert Booby will be...

The following polls include votes for Le jour où la Terre dégusta:

Good Games in French/Bons jeux en français by thecanvasrose
I've recently reached an intermediate level of French speaking at my university. I can easily read relatively straightforward sentences, that is, but writing which is highly poetic or archaic I will not understand. I think I know French...

This is version 2 of this page, edited by dutchmule on 18 September 2019 at 3:30pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item