Home | Profile - Edit | Your Page | Your Inbox Browse | Search Games   |   Log In

Download

Walkthrough
To view this file, you need an Acrobat Reader for your system.

Have you played this game?

You can rate this game, record that you've played it, or put it on your wish list after you log in.

Playlists and Wishlists

RSS Feeds

New member reviews
Updates to downloadable files
All updates to this page

Le jour où la Terre dégusta

by Yakkafo

Comedy
2019

Web Site

(based on 4 ratings)
2 member reviews

About the Story

​Vous croyiez devoir finir vos jours à enseigner la linguistique dans un amphithéâtre décrépi, quand la France vient vous confier une mission hors du commun : sauver la Terre d’un quiproquo interplanétaire.

Game Details

Language: French (fr)
First Publication Date: January 14, 2019
Current Version: 2
Development System: Twine
IFID: Unknown
TUID: f02jkymlqhy3pva

Awards

Winner - French Comp 2019

Tags

- View the most common tags (What's a tag?)
(Log in to add your own tags)

Member Reviews

5 star:
(0)
4 star:
(3)
3 star:
(0)
2 star:
(1)
1 star:
(0)
Average Rating:
Number of Reviews: 2
Write a review


Court, drôle et innovant, August 2, 2019
by Nicolas Pérot (France)
J'ai apprécié le détournement des tropes de rencontre extraterrestre, la création de ce fameux langage de communication interespèces, les multiples interprétations, les nombreuses fins cohérentes avec les choix... C'est court, plaisant, cela donne envie de rejouer (et c'est facilité grâce au menu final).

"Le jour où la Terre dégusta" fait partie des fictions interactives que j'utilise pour faire découvrir le genre à des novices qui veulent lire en français. Bravo !

An amusing take on alien-human interaction, January 31, 2019
by MathBrush
Related reviews: less than 15 minutes
This game employs two common tropes but combines them in a fun way.

The first is communication using emojis. Like B.P. Hennessy's Known Unkown's and litrouke's 10 pm, you have an array of emojis you can pick from and combine into different emoji sentences.

The second trope is 'aliens communicate and we must decode it', like Contact, 2001, or Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind.

This particular game takes a humorous approach. I was faked out twice at the end, which I enjoyed. I used google translate, as there were many French words I was unfamiliar with.

It's a fairly short game, with 4 chapters and an epilogue, but each chapter being only a couple of choices.

I felt like the game respected my choices and made an effort to be interactive.

If you enjoyed Le jour où la Terre dégusta...

Related Games

People who like Le jour où la Terre dégusta also gave high ratings to these games:

The Paper Bag Princess, by Adri
Average member rating: (18 ratings)
Princess Elizabeth is about to marry the love of her life when a dragon attacks the castle and kidnaps her betrothed. Based on a book of the same name by Robert Munsch, with permission.

Capsule II - The 11th Sandman, by PaperBlurt
Average member rating: (13 ratings)
There's this pause on the Makida every time the current Sandman goes back into the cryotube, and before the new one awakes. A certain calm where all is still. The Makida's dull hum is heard, but that is all. No footsteps. No whispers. No...

A Mind Forever Voyaging, by Steve Meretzky
Average member rating: (88 ratings)
"If you can look into the seeds of time, and say which grain will grow and which will not..." --Shakespeare It's 2031. The world is on the brink of chaos. In the United States of North America, spiraling crime and unemployment rates,...

Suggest a game

Polls

The following polls include votes for Le jour où la Terre dégusta:

Good Games in French/Bons jeux en français by thecanvasrose
I've recently reached an intermediate level of French speaking at my university. I can easily read relatively straightforward sentences, that is, but writing which is highly poetic or archaic I will not understand. I think I know French...

Links




This is version 2 of this page, edited by dutchmule on 18 September 2019 at 3:30pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item