Scaffold 22

by MoLoLu profile

Scaffold 22 is a text-based RPG set in the distant future. The galaxy is divided, its spiritual life dictated by the Church of Eden, while the Corporate Hegemony endeavors to squeeze every last credit from its loyal customer base. As dubious officials bicker over tax rates and trade agreements, smugglers and criminals make their names in the shadows, peddling goods no other would dare traffic.

Slip into the role of Vine, a former mercenary lieutenant who lives on Scaffold 22, an enormous space station that houses billions of inhabitants. Trapped in a world beset by political conspiracy, abominable mutations, and ideological conflict, it falls to you to unravel a dark secret that may determine the future of all mankind for generations to come.

Explore the grim futuristic world of Scaffold 22 and leave your mark on galactic history, battling vile abominations and befriending unlikely allies as you carve the future you want by whatever means you can muster.

First Publication Date: June 2, 2014
TUID: dll9e1q8qx4uxyi0

News

Scaffold 22 - Beta 0.5 February 26, 2016
Scaffold 22 Re-Release February 1, 2016
More news... | Add a news item

Not bad, but needs some improvement., October 4, 2016
While I quite enjoyed playing this game I am leaving two stars off. Firstly while the game is easy enough to play, I would have liked to have seen instructions covering how to read the stats. Secondly I also enountered a couple of bugs where selecting particular actions resulted in error messages.

Players should also be aware of a very tight item limit. I got caught out by this and had to restart.

Impressive space based story, July 1, 2014
This is the first Twine novel (yes novel) That I have read and it sets a very high standard. The world building has been done really well with a fully thought out consistant background and an impressive codex linked to key words in the text.

Whilst mostly linear it has enough flexibility to adjust the story and add flavor. I highly recommend this game and the only reason it is not five stars is a handful (I found two) dead ends, for a beta that's pretty good.

This is version 7 of this page, edited by MoLoLu on 3 October 2016 at 2:27pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item