YOU ARE A TIGER

YOU ARE A TIGER

by Slashie

Comedy
2011

A FUCKIN' BADASS ADVENTURE ABOUT A TIGER DOIN' TIGER THINGS AS A TIGER DOES.

First Publication Date: May 29, 2011
Development System: quest
IFID: 6F77B06099C98601986AC370259A616A
TUID: dligqhba6wvfrf41

AM NOT!, January 26, 2013
by Wade Clarke (Sydney, Australia)
Related reviews: incomplete, Quest, comedy
Based on the title of this game and its synopsis, I was expecting to play a badass jungle cat in an adventure of comedic nature. It turns out that the PC is actually a rap music braggart named Tiger. This was disappointing, at least in light of my expectations, and I don't think they were insane expectations because it feels kind of clumsy to both suggest that a character called Tiger is also a 'tiger' (metaphorically speaking) and then to dwell on this point in the title of the game.

Anyway, having shifted my existential gearstick from 'great cat' to 'rapper', I got a smile or two out of this game which sees you rising as Tiger after a night of rap star partying. Tiger is a dim, spoiled fool with a Titanic sized ego, and the game was clearly going to be at his expense. I say 'going to be' because it turns out that this is just a one room demo, but it must be said that it definitely feels like the start of an actual game rather than just a mechanical test. Various story points are set up, like the fact that you have a piece of music overdue for delivery and that various family members and girlfriends are angry with you. There are a bunch of stats ready to go, too, like 'Booze Level' and 'Oontz Completion'. But the first room is already underimplemented and there is no second room or continuation. So probably the only reason to try this is if you suspect that you might like the material enough to go and browbeat the author into expanding it. I wasn't as motivated as that.

This is version 2 of this page, edited by textadventures.co.uk robot on 24 January 2013 at 12:04pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item