Return to the game's main page
Reviews and Ratings
Previous | << 1 2 >> | Next | Show All
- Zape, June 3, 2020
- Wanderlust, August 3, 2017
- TheAncientOne, March 25, 2017
- punktbild, May 7, 2016
2 of 2 people found the following review helpful:Wonderful, exciting Infocom pirate game with sporadic romance elements., February 3, 2016
The game has two main areas: a ship, and a house. Events are tightly scripted and well-thought-out to keep the action flowing. The tight pacing may require frequent saving.
I found the game slightly easier than usual for Infocom; however, I was stumped twice in the middle (around points 16-19). It took about a week or a bit less of playing on and off to finish it (total time around 4-5 hours).
Be warned that this game uses Infocom's piracy protection, so you need access to the 'feelies' to solve key puzzles in the game. I used the Lost Treasures of Infocom app, which has the feelies included as images.
The romance novel aspects were infrequent, mostly resorting to ardent glasses, although right around the 16-19 point range where I got stuck, things got a bit heated as I was losing, but the game avoids anything explicit.
Overall, one of my favorite Infocom games, probably due to the great writing and simpler (but rewarding) puzzles.
Was this review helpful to you? Yes No
More Options| View comments (1) - Add comment
- namekuseijin (anywhere but home), January 12, 2016
- Thrax, March 11, 2015
- Captain Sidekick, May 2, 2014
- Deychrome, March 20, 2014
- mc, January 21, 2014
- lisapaul, January 10, 2014
- DJ (Olalla, Washington), May 9, 2013
- iranon727, December 7, 2012
- Puddin Tame (Queens, NY), October 27, 2012
- kala (Finland), May 27, 2012
- Hywel Dda, February 11, 2012
- Nav (Bristol, UK), November 25, 2011
- akascully1, August 26, 2011
- Sam Kabo Ashwell (Seattle), August 2, 2011
- LaFey (Porto, Portugal), July 15, 2011
- David Kinder, June 7, 2011
- André St-Aubin (Laval, Québec), May 31, 2011
- Rotonoto (Albuquerque, New Mexico), May 16, 2011
- MKrone (Harsleben), May 1, 2011
- Jonathan Blask (Milwaukee, WI, USA), April 4, 2011