Barbarians.zip
Contains Barbariansfinal.html
Download link. Hopefully.

The barbarians are coming!

by Daniel Kosacki

Episode 1 of The Barbarian Trilogy because everything else is a trilogy aswell.
Surreal, Humorous Abuses

My very first twine story!

This is a story of you saving your village from a bunch of meanspirited barbarians. A bunch of stuff happens in the middle as well.

The humor is weird and the story even weirder still, so it's not for everyone to enjoy. However if are among the enjoyers I would appreciate a comment.

It's somewhat long and crude as crude can be, but it's mine, damn it.

Please use the link to philome.la below

Language: English (En)
First Publication Date: May 23, 2016
TUID: d8fz0h5t3xob18hy

A rare game that is goofy in a good way. Save your village, May 24, 2016
This is the author's first Twine game. It uses no styling, and is based on goofy, crazy humor. These are usually signs for disaster, so I was skeptical when I saw it was highly rated.

But this game has a lot of thought and some actually pretty funny humor. You play a villager sent on a quest to find a magical item that can save your people from a tribe.

The narrator frequently talks with you, and the game discusses the balance between choices and story and free will and so on, but only in a goofy way.

I enjoyed this story, but I had low expectations. People expecting it to be great may be less impressed, but this is a long, funny Twine game.

Funny. Meta., May 24, 2016
by Hanon Ondricek (United States)
I can't resist a game where you argue with the narrator.

A bit Princess Bride, a bit With Those We Love Alive, a dash of Stanley Parable, and the rest an over-enthusiastic tale of utter slapdash nonsense. I smiled the entire way through.

If you enjoyed The barbarians are coming!...

People who like The barbarians are coming! also gave high ratings to these games:

Feu de Joie (Session 1): cathedral, by Alan DeNiro
A freelance QA specialist has started archiving an unusual project online that he has been working on. A mysterious company named BUCOLIC ehf, a "digital literature publisher", is developing an interactive version of Lord Dunsany's...

Recorded, by Nick Junius
Sometimes we lose the things most precious to us and must look for them in unlikely, or sometimes likely places. You have lost your voice and find yourself in a place you do not recognize with its own loss and lies.

Little Falls, by Alessandro Schillaci, Roberto Grassi, Simonato Enrico
Minnesota, September 2005. A serial killer hunting young women. A policeman with nightmares in his past. “To all units near Little Falls, there’s a 5150 code. A woman called 911, saying she’s in trouble. Head for 10th Av SW, Little...

This is version 5 of this page, edited by Doug Orleans on 6 December 2016 at 8:27pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item