zenobi48k.zip

The End is Nigh

by Jonathan Scott and Stephen Boyd

Episode 3 of ZIKOV Trilogy
1994

In The Beginning of the End, the most recent Zikov escapade, our hero Fred successfully collected four components which, together with another three, will make up THE MACHINE OF TOTAL UNIVERSAL CONTROL, which the arch-villain Sir Basil Hodgkins PhD has disassembled so that he can take over the world!!! You've guessed it, the objective of this game is to collect the other three - before Basil has a chance to wreak the ultimate havoc.

License: Former commercial
Development System: PAW (Professional Adventure Writer)
TUID: ctcz9o65jajqrm32

I found the game fun to play, and am well on the way to solving it (I'm about half way through Part 3). No spelling mistakes as far as I could see! The authors have done a good job in coming up with an imaginative plot and storyline. They have taken care to make it a light-hearted romp through time and space, pitched at about the right difficulty level for most.

Having said that, there is a certain "oddness" factor in the game. For instance, having successfully crossed the River Thames in Part 1, I suddenly found myself standing in the Houses of Parliament alongside Black Rod who was attempting to gain entrance to an inner chamber. Weird! Also, there were lots of strange inhabitants in basement rooms of the Parliament building itself, such as a giant and a shop assistant. [...]

This is version 3 of this page, edited by Eq on 17 May 2013 at 10:33am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item