The Wizard's Apprentice

by Alex Freeman

As the wizard's apprentice, can you complete the challenges set by your master, the wizard Gwydion?

First Publication Date: September 29, 2013
IFID: TADS2-D1343677771DBAC92C8CE50CC4846EB4
TUID: cr2m7z69nsj07kki

23rd Place - 19th Annual Interactive Fiction Competition (2013)

One in a long line of Zorkian master-apprentice games, June 26, 2019
Related reviews: about 2 hours
This game is so similar to other games that I kept having deja vu. Games where a master wizard gives you tasks are very old and very common. It reminds me of Berrost's Challenge, Risorgimento Represso, the Erudition Chamber, Junior Arithmancer (althugh the twist makes that one amazing), the Enchanter series, etc.

This game doesn't really bring anything new.

I wouldn't usually give 1 star to this game, however, I found it not very descriptive, with a bit wonky interaction via the puzzles, not emotionally touching, and not a game I'm interested in replaying. These are 4 of the 5 stars in my rating scale.

This is version 2 of this page, edited by Emily Boegheim on 1 October 2013 at 9:42pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item