Whoah Cubs Woe

by Andrew Schultz profile

EctoComp petite mort entry. No baseball knowledge necessary.

First Publication Date: October 30, 2018
TUID: c0xfrh6rav1kr78

Entrant, La Petite Mort - EctoComp 2018

Tricky location-based puzzle, October 31, 2018
This Ectocomp Petite Mort is a tricky little pentagram puzzle.

It took me a while to understand what I needed to do. The game had a fairly entertaining framing story which (especially the latter portion) elevated the game in my opinion. Even though I didn't necessarily agree with its message, I respected it.

The main puzzle consists in placing objects on a pentagram (with both inner and outer pentagons). I thought for half of the game that I could only walk on pentagram lines themselves. Certain objects repel each other, and the game encourages experimentation.

Whoah Cubs Woe on IFDB

Whoah Cubs Woe appears in the following Recommended Lists:

Ectocomp Games (All English Winners/Entries) by thecanvasrose

This is version 3 of this page, edited by Lance Campbell on 12 January 2020 at 7:57pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item