Le Donjon de BatteMan

First Publication Date: January 11, 2021
TUID: bu8n2vgj526y8f67

Entrant - French Comp 2021

A french parser game with a compact dungeon filled with traps, January 23, 2021
This is a polished parser game entered in the French IF Competition. It comes with nice feelies and runs on retro devices as well as in-browser.

You wake up in a dungeon with four exits, wearing an empty scabbard and some armor. In each direction, there is some kind of threat: a trap, a monster, a guardian, etc. and you have to defeat them all in turn.

I thought this was fun, but also very hard. It includes some forms of interactions which I consider unfair, like having to die to progress. I was very happy the author provided a solution! (although one line of it provokes an error, but it's okay and doesn't affect the end result).

The author seems to enjoy IF a lot and I look forward to any future games.

If you enjoyed Le Donjon de BatteMan...

People who like Le Donjon de BatteMan also gave high ratings to these games:

Beyond, by Roberto Grassi, Paolo Lucchesi, and Alessandro Peretti
A mysterious death, a secret to be revealedů and someone who wants to know the truth, at any cost. ...

Recorded, by Nick Junius
Sometimes we lose the things most precious to us and must look for them in unlikely, or sometimes likely places. You have lost your voice and find yourself in a place you do not recognize with its own loss and lies.

The Guild of Thieves, by Rob Steggles
Steal yourself a world of fantasy WHY BUY THIS GAME WHEN YOU CAN STEAL IT ? Except you can't. Not yet. An amateur like you? Come off it! Now, if you were a fully paid-up member of the notorious Guild of Thieves, things would be...

This is version 2 of this page, edited by Lance Campbell on 21 January 2021 at 8:38pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item