Contains Santa's Sleigh Ride.zblorb
Contains the zblorb file and a rich text file explaining IF for beginners.
For all systems. To play, you'll need a Z-Machine Interpreter with Blorb support - visit Brass Lantern for download links. (Compressed with ZIP. Free Unzip tools are available for most systems at www.info-zip.org.)

Santa's Sleigh Ride

by Molly Geene profile

Children's
2008

It's late Christmas Eve, and Santa is on the last house of his ride. Help Santa make this delivery!

IFID: 905B67E4-8CF3-4259-A2CA-7EAC6EB75590
TUID: a8l9yzh11dupy0k

Up On The Housetop ..., January 4, 2009
by Ghalev (Colorado)
This is a very brief, cheerful introductory IF, and the object is simple enough: youíre Santa Claus, atop your last house. Deliver the goods and youíre done for the year. This little confection can be completed in less than a dozen turns if youíre in a hurry to get back to the North Pole, and there are barely any puzzles to speak of: just a couple of straightforward obstacles with clear solutions. This (and the gameís family-friendly tone) makes the game suitable for even very young players.

I do wish a few extra commands were supported, especially those that rewarded exploration. Itís not terribly important that PUT PRESENTS UNDER TREE isnít understood (since the required method is easy to figure out), but it would have been cool to get festive (or even silly) responses to my attempts to chat with Rudolph, pet the family dog, or even (I'm such a Grinch) steal the tree.

IF vets wonít find any challenge here, but itís a pleasant couple of minutes. There is no heavy narrative, no mystery to uncover, and no serious danger to face. There are a few cute moments, and then itís all done.

Santa's Sleigh Ride on IFDB

The following polls include votes for Santa's Sleigh Ride:

Games suitable for children by Mike Sousa
My 10 year old twins recently "discovered" IF. They fell in love with Grunk and are asking for more games to play. I've searched BAF and have some ideas, but figured I would give this poll a shot since there are hundreds and hundreds of...

IF that centers around holidays by Molly
I'm looking for IF that centers around specific real-world holidays, e.g. Christmas, Hanukkah, Easter, Passover, the Fourth of July, Guy Fawkes Day, Halloween, etc.

This is version 2 of this page, edited by Molly on 2 January 2009 at 7:10pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item