Sirens in the Distance

by Astrid Dalmady profile

You're sitting on a boat a few miles off shore when, suddenly, you hear sirens in the distance. An interactive short story for #mermay2019.

First Publication Date: May 23, 2019
TUID: a5r88gzxhh3wsr45

A short mermaid story with layers of duality, July 2, 2019
This game only lasts for about 1000 words, so it's a quick read.

It was made for MerMay, so it makes sense it would be about mermaids. But the title has multiple meanings, and the game itself deals with ambiguity and feeling.

This is a slight snack of a game, but it left a good feeling. It reminded me of my time living in Hawaii, in many ways, although I imagine it more as a cold Atlantic ocean than the Pacific.

Short siren tale, October 11, 2019
It's short, but the writing still manages to draw you in and harkens back to the older style depiction of sirens and mermaids. The game gives you a choice- will you choose to willingly accept the fate that has been prophesised, try fight against it, or is there a another option? I really enjoyed it and recommend you give it a read.

Mysterious, May 23, 2019
I just played through about 5-6 times trying to find a different ending but seems like its the only one. I won't spoil it but the ending makes much sense and I wouldn't have it any other way. Great story!

If you enjoyed Sirens in the Distance...

People who like Sirens in the Distance also gave high ratings to these games:

The Myothian Falcon, by Andy Joel
"That day, the 9th of June, 3145, started out like any other, perhaps a little hotter than usual. Then Maisy DeValle entered his office." Vic Gantry, P.I., has a new client. She is wanted for the murder of her rich husband, Lawrence.

The Count, by Scott Adams
"It begins when you awake in a large brass bed in a castle somewhere in Transylvania. Who are you, what are you doing here and WHY did the postman deliver a bottle of blood? Converted from original code by Paul David Doherty." [--blurb...

Alice Aforethought, by Hanon Ondricek
I need your help. I mean, you're the one who is supposed to talk me out of things before I do anything stupid. Time has stopped moving, and that might turn out to have been my fault. I didn't mean to do it. You must believe me. I'll...

This is version 1 of this page, edited by dastridly on 23 May 2019 at 12:27pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item