Sirens in the Distance

by Astrid Dalmady profile

You're sitting on a boat a few miles off shore when, suddenly, you hear sirens in the distance. An interactive short story for #mermay2019.

First Publication Date: May 23, 2019
TUID: a5r88gzxhh3wsr45

A short mermaid story with layers of duality, July 2, 2019
This game only lasts for about 1000 words, so it's a quick read.

It was made for MerMay, so it makes sense it would be about mermaids. But the title has multiple meanings, and the game itself deals with ambiguity and feeling.

This is a slight snack of a game, but it left a good feeling. It reminded me of my time living in Hawaii, in many ways, although I imagine it more as a cold Atlantic ocean than the Pacific.

Mysterious, May 23, 2019
I just played through about 5-6 times trying to find a different ending but seems like its the only one. I won't spoil it but the ending makes much sense and I wouldn't have it any other way. Great story!

If you enjoyed Sirens in the Distance...

People who like Sirens in the Distance also gave high ratings to these games:

Friendly Foe, by Mike Sousa
That bunny has done enough damage to your garden. Today is the day you're finally going to catch him. Armed with carrots and a fishing net, you set your sights on its home. This is going to be easy...

1958: Dancing With Fear, by Victor Ojuel
"Dancing with Fear" (1958, directed by Víctor Ojuel). In this forgotten classic of Golden Age Hollywood, a vedette fallen on hard times (Salomé Vélez) finds herself enmeshed in a tangle of political intrigue, romance and betrayal in a...

Written in the Glim, by Mary Goodden, Failbetter Games
Can the false-stars predict the future? Help a disgraced astrologer, discover your false-star sign, and embark on a hazardous research trip to find out.

This is version 1 of this page, edited by dastridly on 23 May 2019 at 12:27pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item