Return to the game's main page
Reviews and Ratings
Previous | << 1 2 >> | Next | Show All
- jcompton, June 21, 2020
- The Defiant, June 16, 2020
- Zape, March 27, 2019
- Greg Frost (Seattle, Washington), February 11, 2017
- Denk, December 11, 2016
1 of 2 people found the following review helpful:Like a mix of Planetfall and Starcross; explore abandoned station, February 3, 2016
Stationfall has you flying with Floyd to a space station to pick up some forms. When you arrive, the station is deserted... mostly.
The map is interesting. There is a main sphere with 8 or 9 levels. The top and bottom levels are one room each, while the middle level has fifteen or so. In addition, there are three sub-modules attached to the middle level, two of which are joined together in a big space village.
This all reminded me a lot of Starcross with its huge cylindrical map and space village. But Stationfall's map had more flavor, I feel. Meretzky has plenty of references to Planetfall, including leaving bedistors and other computer equipment laying about, as well as similarities in recorded equipment about. There is an alien code whose solution reminds me a bit of HitchHikers' Guide to the Galaxy, which is explicitly mentioned several times in the game through footnotes.
The story starts slowly, but picks up. I really enjoyed the ending sequence, and felt it provided a little more closure than most Infocom endings.
The hunger/thirst and sleep timers seemed a little easier than in the original Planetfall, although many have mentioned the tight time constraints in the game.
Was this review helpful to you? Yes No
More Options| Add a comment
- CasualGamer33356, October 14, 2015
- Robb Sherwin (Colorado), August 5, 2015
- Thrax, March 11, 2015
- Doctor Zero (USA), March 7, 2015
- shornet (Bucharest), March 23, 2014
- Hotspur, September 22, 2013
- ifailedit (arkansas), January 14, 2013
- Puddin Tame (Queens, NY), October 27, 2012
- kala (Finland), May 26, 2012
- stadtgorilla (Munich, Germany), April 17, 2012
- Nav (Bristol, UK), November 24, 2011
- André St-Aubin (Laval, Québec), May 31, 2011
- Rotonoto (Albuquerque, New Mexico), May 16, 2011
- Walter Sandsquish, February 2, 2011
- snickerdoddle, January 27, 2011
- johno158 (New York, NY), August 21, 2010
- Mr. Patient (Saint Paul, Minn.), May 10, 2010
- Cuxxu (Albany, NY), August 26, 2009
- thion, August 20, 2009