Time

First Publication Date: August 21, 2014
License: CC-BY-SA
TUID: 9gdt0vqq0yxztafh

Meditation on time, September 12, 2014
This is a game of questions without answers; like the Socratic method or a rorschach test, you'll be asking & answering the questions yourself without any real arbitration or feedback.

Eventually, Time does something I found novel and interesting; this was the big reveal, the a-ha moment, and if it had stopped shortly after this I'd rate this 3 or even 4 stars. The problem I had was after being forced to stare at a screen with nothing happening, for an amount of time I had picked, and then being asked to be honest about my patience and my feelings, the game took a weird digression into questions about feelings, reality, and even ghosts.

I thought this second branch detracted from and took away from the real success of the game in making me challenge my own assumptions about myself and my ability to wait/be patient.

I don't know that I recommend this game; I'm not sure that it's entertaining, at least not for a broad audience, but I do think it deserves recognition for it's ability to challenge and subvert the players sense of self.

Waste of time, September 5, 2014
by Daemon Pyrate ( Optional. For example, "San Diego, California," "Barcelona, Spain")
What's the point of this? I don't need poetry.

If you enjoyed Time...

People who like Time also gave high ratings to these games:

Tonight Dies the Moon, by Tom McHenry
From the author of HORSE MASTER: THE GAME OF HORSE MASTERY, comes a Twine game about life during war between the Earth and Moon in the year 2000. Fall in love, subsistence farm, make spreadsheets, and wear colorful jumpsuits!

Hunger Daemon, by Sean M. Shore
It's not the end of the world, and you're to blame. Better get on that. But man, it sure would be nice to get a bite to eat first.

The Voodoo You Do 2, by Marshal Tenner Winter
The casket opens and the pitch blackness is replaced with the sight of the moon; full in the night sky. Then, someone leans over, facing you and smiling a lunatic grin. He wears a dirty black top hat and dark glasses with one missing...

This is version 1 of this page, edited by HerrvonSpeck on 22 August 2014 at 6:47am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item