Time

First Publication Date: August 21, 2014
License: CC-BY-SA
TUID: 9gdt0vqq0yxztafh

Meditation on time, September 12, 2014
This is a game of questions without answers; like the Socratic method or a rorschach test, you'll be asking & answering the questions yourself without any real arbitration or feedback.

Eventually, Time does something I found novel and interesting; this was the big reveal, the a-ha moment, and if it had stopped shortly after this I'd rate this 3 or even 4 stars. The problem I had was after being forced to stare at a screen with nothing happening, for an amount of time I had picked, and then being asked to be honest about my patience and my feelings, the game took a weird digression into questions about feelings, reality, and even ghosts.

I thought this second branch detracted from and took away from the real success of the game in making me challenge my own assumptions about myself and my ability to wait/be patient.

I don't know that I recommend this game; I'm not sure that it's entertaining, at least not for a broad audience, but I do think it deserves recognition for it's ability to challenge and subvert the players sense of self.

Waste of time, September 5, 2014
by Daemon Pyrate ( Optional. For example, "San Diego, California," "Barcelona, Spain")
What's the point of this? I don't need poetry.

If you enjoyed Time...

People who like Time also gave high ratings to these games:

Hunter, in Darkness, by Andrew Plotkin

The Arboretum, by Matthew S. Burns
The Arboretum is a mostly linear interactive story about dating, growing up, and our relationships to our past and future selves. It also demonstrates that a choice doesn't need to show you the consequences to be meaningful.

Toddler RPG, by Noah Marshall
Find a way to get down the big kids' slide! Progress from infancy, to early communication, to a quest to make it down the big kids' slide. Hints: 1) you will need a little bit of wisdom to take an interest in the playground 2) you will...

This is version 1 of this page, edited by HerrvonSpeck on 22 August 2014 at 6:47am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item