Hangar 22
by David Welbourn

Hangar 22

by Rob O'Hara

2011

An out-of-luck computer programmer finds more than just a job opportunity in a mysterious government facility.

First Publication Date: June 17, 2011
IFID: ZCODE-1-110617-D84E
TUID: 9e02f0cesyaqceux

A humorous, witty game with a sci-fi side, August 22, 2016
by Tom Fox (Great Britain)
In Hangar 22 you are a "ain't got no job / ain't got no style" unemployed programmer who has sold/pawned most of his possessions and lives basically in squalor.

The author's witticism and jokes give the whole scenario a humorous side. The house itself, though stripped down to its very basics, has a puzzly edge to it which is quite nice. I really like the "TALK TO" way of communicating with other characters.

In my opinion play becomes easier as the story unfolds. The end is slightly short, but all in all the game is very enjoyable and it took me a little over an hour to finish.

-Tom

If you enjoyed Hangar 22...

People who like Hangar 22 also gave high ratings to these games:

Photograph: A Portrait of Reflection, by Steve Evans
Photograph was an entry in the 2002 IFComp, in which it placed 3rd out of 38 entries. It was also nominated for two XYZZY awards, "Best Player Character" & "Best Use Of Medium". It's a story-driven, almost puzzleless work about a man...

Varicella, by Adam Cadre

Alabaster, by John Cater, Rob Dubbin, Eric Eve, Elizabeth Heller, Jayzee, Kazuki Mishima, Sarah Morayati, Mark Musante, Emily Short, Adam Thornton, Ziv Wities
The Queen has told you to return with her heart in a box. Snow White has made you promise to make other arrangements. Now that you're alone in the forest, it's hard to know which of the two women to trust. The Queen is certainly a witch...

Hangar 22 appears in the following Recommended Lists:

My new walkthroughs for July 2018 by David Welbourn
On Friday, July 6, 2018, I published several new walkthroughs for the games listed below! Many of these were paid for by my wonderful patrons at Patreon. Please consider supporting me to make even more new walkthroughs for works of...

This is version 4 of this page, edited by David Welbourn on 7 July 2018 at 3:59pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item