MattWeiner.net download

Fallout Shelter

by Marshal Tenner Winter (as Histroy Gloam) profile

"Screw the world!" you said to yourself as you slammed shut the hatch door. You leave behind a tenure at the local college, an estranged ex-wife, and nothing but contempt for a town that basically shunned you.

You told your neighbors you were going on an extended vacation and moved into your. . .
Fallout Shelter

A ShuffleComp 2014 entry.

First Publication Date: May 13, 2014
IFID: CF686E89-BC4B-49BF-9D16-215DA7EE4016
TUID: 98h95pbbpidt4d12

Entrant - ShuffleComp 2014

Close Encounters of the Verbed Kind, May 27, 2014
by Mostly Useless (Leicester, UK)
Fallout Shelter is too brief to review without spoilers, and if I tagged them all the review wouldn't make any sense, so *SPOILER ALERT*.

Maybe it's because I've watched five seasons of the X-Files in the last four weeks, but it was refreshing to find in Fallout Shelter a brief, humorous and uncomplicated sci-fi story. Perhaps it is for the same reason I am willing to overlook the protagonist's Duchovny-esque lack of emotion upon discovering an underground UFO and its little green occupant.

The game is faintly puzzly, and in my opinion its challenges, while simple, are somewhat unfairly implemented at points (Spoiler - click to show)(searching the alcoves, Mister Gloam, if that is your real name (I know, it isn't), means searching *all* of the alcoves), but the map is confined to the point where you'll only spend a few minutes at most wandering around to see if you've missed something.

There's not a huge amount to say about the plot because there isn't very much of it; there are plenty of humorous touches, however, and a particularly juvenile chuckle (for me, at least) upon discovering the losing ending (Spoiler - click to show)(to clarify, while the winning ending isn't very 'winning-ish', there is another more 'losing-ish' ending which involves, ahem, probing).

If you enjoyed Fallout Shelter...