Shackles of Control

by Sly Merc profile

It was a normal day at school, but then that was gone. Teachers? Gone. Students? Also gone. You? Not gone.

First Publication Date: October 1, 2018
TUID: 96uh0i6cgm84a4kh

70th Place (tie) - 24th Annual Interactive Fiction Competition (2018)

A riff on the Stanley Parable, set in a school, November 24, 2018
This game is based off of the Stanley Parable, which I've never played. This version is set in a school.

It's short, and deals with ideas of autonomy, player/author relationship, and meta narratives. I don't know if the enjoyment is higher or lower for those not familiar with the Stanley Parable.

It seems, though, like someone thought, "I like this popular game, so I'm going to adjust it to my circumstances and make a Twine version of it." The writing and structure of this game make me think that if the author tried a new game after this based on their own ideas, that it would be pretty great. I hope you write again!

If you enjoyed Shackles of Control...

People who like Shackles of Control also gave high ratings to these games:

Polish the Glass , by Keltie Wright
An odd story about a child, a bar, and something hiding in the glass. Does contain sound, recommend checking settings and using headphones for best experience. Mature content. There is only one ending.

It's Your First Day At A New High School. Can You Become Popular?, by ClickHole
Today is your first day at Pike Central High School. It represents a much-needed fresh start for you, as all your life you've been a nobody. Quiet and lacking self-confidence, you've more or less been invisible to your peers, but today...

Tomorrow Never Comes, by A. Bomire
Tomorrow Never Comes is an excellent James Bond parody with adult content. It's technically sound with great characterization, a good plot, and fast pace of action in the best of the Bond tradition.

This is version 2 of this page, edited by Doug Orleans on 25 November 2018 at 6:08pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item