Wisher, Theurgist, Fatalist.gblorb
by David Welbourn

Wisher, Theurgist, Fatalist

by Xavid profile

Fantasy, Surreal

From the ranks of the people you have been raised up as a Wisher—

To seek among the fairies;
the dragons of the deeps;
the ur-toads and the claw things;
among the shadows on the sun and the ghosts beneath the world,
and in the lands of humankind besides
for the jewel of all desiring.

You must find the jewel and command the Creator to make the world as you desire it. And if you should succeed, then the world shall always have been as you wish it, and your life a thing sprung of your own desiring; and if you should fail then you shall be forgotten like the tides.

Fanfic of the tabletop RPG by Jenna Katerin Moran. (No knowledge of the source material is expected or needed.) World, metaphysics, and the best bits of text are hers.

First Publication Date: May 4, 2016
IFID: 75DE8D71-7412-4F86-ABE2-223757D7679D
TUID: 8ovhr7mn59aut5qm

This may be listed as fanfic . . . , July 7, 2016
but I found this game to be a lot of fun - despite the fact that I don't know anything about the works of Jenna Katerin Moran. It stands alone well and has some creative twists and turns. It's a relatively short game - perfect for a summer day!

Creating The World In A Short Text Adventure, July 7, 2016
It's a pretty short game, with a lot of things that might take less decoding if I knew the source material (but are fun regardless), but it takes an interesting approach to its themes and has a lot of options for a short game. I played it in a group, as I usually do, and it made us discuss stuff more than usual, instead of always trying things until something worked. It's thoughtful, and made me wish I'd been more thoughtful as a player. Kinda makes me want to go back and mess around with the things that I treated like red herrings, when I could have done more. And yeah, I should probably read some Jenna Moran.

Give it a try, August 30, 2016
A fun game that has a little more depth to it than some.

If you enjoyed Wisher, Theurgist, Fatalist...

People who like Wisher, Theurgist, Fatalist also gave high ratings to these games:

And the Robot Horse You Rode in On, by Anna Anthropy
Diode emerges from the porta-tent, yawning and cracking open a canteen. She takes a long swig. "Evening, bandita." Then she comes over to you and plants her foot on the top of your head. "i’ll be honest: i made this whole game just so i...

Stone Cold Coup D'État, by Sam Dukhovni
A hypertext fiction based on the They Might Be Giants song of the same name.

The Wand, by Arthur DiBianca
Explore the wizard Bartholloco's castle with the help of a versatile magic wand. Can you overcome his challenge? Can you levitate a rock? Can you slice a baltavakia? (Puzzle-oriented and family friendly.)

Wisher, Theurgist, Fatalist appears in the following Recommended Lists:

My new walkthroughs for August 2019 by David Welbourn
On Friday August 30, 2019, I published new walkthroughs for the games and stories listed below! Some of these were paid for by my wonderful patrons at Patreon. Please consider supporting me to make even more new walkthroughs for works of...

The following polls include votes for Wisher, Theurgist, Fatalist:

For your consideration: XYZZY-eligible Settings of 2016 by MathBrush
This is for suggesting games released in 2016 which you think might be worth considering for Best setting in the XYZZY awards. This is not a zeroth-round nomination. The category will still be text-entry, and games not mentioned here...

Games with NPCs that tag along by Ghalev
List here any games that feature a (preferably memorable!) "sidekick" character - an NPC who follows the viewpoint character around for most or all of the game, as per Floyd in Planetfall or Trent/Tiffany in Leather Goddesses of Phobos.

For your consideration: XYZZY-eligible innovation uses of 2016 by MathBrush
This is for suggesting games released in 2016 which you think might be worth considering for Best Use of Innovation in the XYZZY awards. This is not a zeroth-round nomination. The category will still be text-entry, and games not...

This is version 9 of this page, edited by David Welbourn on 30 August 2019 at 11:25am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item