* Compressed with ZIP. Free Unzip tools are available for most systems at www.info-zip.org.
Have you played this game?You can rate this game, record that you've played it, or put it on your wish list after you log in.
Playlists and Wishlists
RSS FeedsNew member reviews
Updates to downloadable files
All updates to this page
About the StoryDescription:
A house in the middle of the woods has been sitting here for years. Rumors have been spread that the person who once owned this house has mysteriously disappeared off the face of the earth and no one seems to remember anything about it at all. Perhaps an unknown malevolent force has taken this poor soul away or maybe the house is haunted by a dark entity that is solely bent on destruction and chaos. As an investigator, it's up to you to check and see what secrets lie within this treacherous home. Uncover the lost bits of somebody's past and find out what really happened here many years ago.
This game was initially a project for my New Media Perspectives class in college. I was never expecting to make a fully finished game out of it, but after a while I began to get interested in what I was making and expanded upon what I've started. Now after about 2 months (4/10/18 - 6/8/18) of hard work I've been able to make my first ever text-based game. I hope you enjoy what I've made so far. If you ever happen to find a bug or any spelling/grammar error, please contact me at email@example.com so that I can fix it ASAP. Thank you and enjoy! (PS: Anyone who sends me weird and stupid crap or whatever shall be blocked and/or put into the black hole that is my spam folder.)
Viewer Discretion Advised
Original cover art made by AppleSin (Mistrie Orange).
Play Game Online:
Note: Game has not been categorized yet at the time that this post has been published.
- Fix the interpreter from "Vorple" to "Parchment" instead because Vorple is confusing to understand
- Certain puzzles have been tweaked to be less absurd or too easy
- Descriptions of various things have been modified for logical meaning
- Grammar issues fixed
- Solution file is added (Don't look at it if you don't want to be spoiled.)
- Forgiveness rating lowered (Can be changed if needed.)
- Maps pictures been remodeled for better or worse (If you don't like the new maps I'll change them back to the old ones or make better replacements. Their still in the games ".materials" folder just in case.)
- New Command(s) Added (Note: Some will not effect the overall gameplay.)
- Added color to certain texts (And when I mean by "certain texts" I mean like less than 5 words.)
- Name to certain creatures have been changed for reasons not yet explained
- Hint system implemented finally
- Source code is still available (Because the solutions file given is pretty dumb.)
- Credits option has been added to the Help Menu for organization purposes
- Endings & Deaths will now be recorded
- Intro has been tweaked
- More things added here and there
- Game added to www.intfiction.org (If it's not there now it will be soon.)
- Secret room added (Where is it? Figure it out.)
- More unmentioned options in the Help Menu
- More unmentioned bugs and fixes (Because I can't get things right the first time around. Thanks for sending me your feedback BTW.)
Check the "changelog.txt" file for more information.
Number of Reviews: 1
Write a review
The puzzles I encountered were interesting, but eventually I got stuck. The game doesn't offer a walkthrough or in-game hints. The game doesn't credit beta testers and has a lot of "You can't see any such thing" errors.
I look forward to a future version of this game.
This is version 11 of this page, edited by Jimmy Joe on 14 October 2018 at 11:17am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item