Back To Life... Unfortunately

- Shigosei, February 18, 2009

- helga (Australia), September 27, 2008

Great idea, but it doesn't deliver, September 2, 2008
by Maze (Rome, Italy)
In this game you are a king (somewhere and somewhen). You are brought back to life because your heir - your son - is behaving like a kiddo, and the High Councelor wants your help against empire threats. Don't worry about the empire threats though, because your only mission will be to drop dead again, hopefully forever. That is: you gotta suicide, baby.
The suicide idea is great (though I admit that I was quite disappointed, because I was thinking to develop a game about the same basic idea, and now I can't anymore because this has already been done - sigh ;-P). Anyway, with suicide in mind, "Back to Life..." should be a fun game indeed, developed in very few rooms. But, sadly, it doesn't deliver. The writing is funny only for the first minutes, than it flattens out.
The puzzles too, have many nice ideas (and nice ways for being carried out), but them too, they don't deliver. There's too much "guess the word" for such a brief game. And some badly implemented puzzle.

In the end, ok, this game is not THAT good. But you might have fun playing it for awhile. And, given it's briefness, you'll get the initial fun.

Well worth a revival, November 10, 2007
by Ken Franklin (England)
This is my favourite of all the games that David Whyld has written. It is very silly as you are revived against your wishes and unable to get back to your well earned and peaceful death.

- Corey Arnett (British Columbia, Canada), October 19, 2007