CORDYCEPS MORTALIS

by caeth profile

You need to escape.
You can try to fight, but you're running out of time. There are forces in your mind working against you. Can you free yourself and those you love?

TUID: 77wzncogr3l3cv7l

Twine, March 29, 2015
These games really bother me. It's hit the point where I can't see "Development System: Twine" without wincing. It tells me a few things; that the game's probably going to have little to no real interaction, it's going to force me down a specific route, and it might start pushing the author's social agenda on me. Thankfully this one was only the first two.

There's no choice and the illusion of one is superficial at best. I try to do something the game doesn't want me to, it smacks me and says "no, you're doing this." The effects are neatish and the writing's... okay, nothing to write home about but okay. It doesn't change that interactive fiction made in Twine tends to be, well, not interactive at all.

I hope this doesn't discourage the author. The problem isn't the craftsman, it's the tool.

If you enjoyed CORDYCEPS MORTALIS...

People who like CORDYCEPS MORTALIS also gave high ratings to these games:

On the Farm, by Lenny Pitts
"Visiting Grandma and Grandpa on the farm for the weekend is not your idea of a good time. Mom has told you countless stories about the great adventures she had growing up there. Days spent feeding the chickens and pigs, and riding the...

Taghairm, by Chandler Groover
"Perhaps the most horrible of all recorded magical spells." Cruelty. Violence. Sounds. Headphones recommended.

Fallen London, by Failbetter Games
Poet or Assassin? Lover or Spy? Choose your fate in Fallen London, a gothic metropolis a mile beneath the surface of the earth. An epic adventure where you live a sometimes horrific, often curious, but always polite life next door to the...

This is version 3 of this page, edited by caeth on 30 July 2018 at 1:18pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item