CORDYCEPS MORTALIS

by caeth profile

You need to escape.
You can try to fight, but you're running out of time. There are forces in your mind working against you. Can you free yourself and those you love?

TUID: 77wzncogr3l3cv7l

Twine, March 29, 2015
These games really bother me. It's hit the point where I can't see "Development System: Twine" without wincing. It tells me a few things; that the game's probably going to have little to no real interaction, it's going to force me down a specific route, and it might start pushing the author's social agenda on me. Thankfully this one was only the first two.

There's no choice and the illusion of one is superficial at best. I try to do something the game doesn't want me to, it smacks me and says "no, you're doing this." The effects are neatish and the writing's... okay, nothing to write home about but okay. It doesn't change that interactive fiction made in Twine tends to be, well, not interactive at all.

I hope this doesn't discourage the author. The problem isn't the craftsman, it's the tool.

If you enjoyed CORDYCEPS MORTALIS...

People who like CORDYCEPS MORTALIS also gave high ratings to these games:

Coloratura, by Lynnea Glasser
Stolen away by apathetic Blind Ones, your only desire is to return to your Cellarium and the Song of the Universe. They should understand. You shall make them to understand.

Theatre, by Brendon Wyber
Your job as a real estate agent brings you into contact with many old buildings, but none are quite like the old theatre that has stood deserted for almost thirty years. After visiting it with some prospective buyers, you discover that...

Ferrous Ring, by Justin Morgan ('Carma Ferris')

This is version 3 of this page, edited by caeth on 30 July 2018 at 1:18pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item