CORDYCEPS MORTALIS

by caeth profile

You need to escape.
You can try to fight, but you're running out of time. There are forces in your mind working against you. Can you free yourself and those you love?

TUID: 77wzncogr3l3cv7l

Twine, March 29, 2015
These games really bother me. It's hit the point where I can't see "Development System: Twine" without wincing. It tells me a few things; that the game's probably going to have little to no real interaction, it's going to force me down a specific route, and it might start pushing the author's social agenda on me. Thankfully this one was only the first two.

There's no choice and the illusion of one is superficial at best. I try to do something the game doesn't want me to, it smacks me and says "no, you're doing this." The effects are neatish and the writing's... okay, nothing to write home about but okay. It doesn't change that interactive fiction made in Twine tends to be, well, not interactive at all.

I hope this doesn't discourage the author. The problem isn't the craftsman, it's the tool.

If you enjoyed CORDYCEPS MORTALIS...