dancing.zip *
Contains dancing.taf
Requires an ADRIFT version 4 interpreter. Visit the ADRIFT site for download links.
dancing.zip *
Story file, from Shadow Vault
Hourglass Comp 2006 *
All entries for the competition.
Hourglass.zip *
All the games in Hourglass Comp, from the ADRIFT site

Dancing Even Him?

by Richard Otter profile

Humor
2006

You enjoyed the party at your friends last night, good food, plenty to drink and loads of chat. You can't remember what fool suggested they get the quija board out and then if that wasn't bad enough it moved onto a sťance.

You felt such a fool sitting round the table, the eight of you holding hands. With nothing but the gentle flicker of candlelight illuminating the faces you started to feel queasy. Too much food and drink you thought.

When you finally got to bed you started having some really weird dreams. You wake with a jolt.†

You are not in bed, you are not even in your bedroom. You appear to be in a darkened high sided room with a light source high above your head. The floor seems to be made up of very large round objects piled on top of each other.

First Publication Date: August 12, 2006
Development System: ADRIFT
Forgiveness Rating: Tough
IFID: ADRIFT-400-EEE9F9D60BC1F642FAE83F59117A8780
TUID: 72aishz8e1qdo09c

6th Place - ADRIFT Hourglass Comp 2006

Delron
Assorted short reviews
Likeable enough in its own right. I moved through it from start to finish in just over five minutes. It was a little too linear for my liking but then that helped with the puzzles which simply required a bit of thought to figure out.

Badly-written and painfully easy, February 25, 2010
This is perhaps the worst IF game I've ever played. Dancing Even Him? lacks any real plot and contains a series of the simplest one-move puzzles I've ever seen. Going through the game, I felt like I was in some warped, five-minute version of an Indiana Jones movie. The puzzles (if they can even be called that) consisted almost exclusively of climbing and pulling levers. There is some atrocious grammar in the descriptions and it's obvious that the author didn't proof-read the text more than once (if at all).

The only good thing I can say about the game is that I rather liked the revelation about the title in the end. It made me chuckle slightly (in that depressed way people chuckle when they realize they just wasted three minutes of their lives). If the title interests you at all, you should devote five minutes to Dancing Even Him? to discover its meaning. Otherwise, don't bother with this game.

If you enjoyed Dancing Even Him?...

People who like Dancing Even Him? also gave high ratings to these games:

School Dreams 2: Forfeit Fantasy, by GoblinBoy

Through the Dimensional Rift, by One Eyed Jack
Searching for his missing sister Laurie, Sam Shooter winds up in a sword-and-sorcery world. Sam Shooter must save the world from evil forces, have huge amounts of sex, and treat the player to One Eyed Jack's unique brand of absurd humor.

De Baron, by Victor Gijsbers

This is version 9 of this page, last edited on 15 August 2011 at 5:44pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item