Devil's Food

Devil's Food

by Hanon Ondricek profile

Humor

A short story about cake, and the nature of Evil.

First Publication Date: October 31, 2014
Development System: AXMA Story Maker
TUID: 70wywbixa57vy3sz

3rd Place - EctoComp 2014

News

Expand all | Add a news item

funny short story, February 24, 2015
by namekuseijin (anywhere but home)
This was a fun and entertaining short story. Why spoil it by calling it a game? Though it indeed seems to offer quite a few choices that don't affect outcome much - just more text to explore. Enjoyed the witty prose, concept and characterization - a demonic parody of any high school jealously gig. Genuinely funny. The only thing I didn't really enjoy was the dynamic text: sometimes you'll just miss it as you go clicking links. This IF also reminds me of Hunger Daemon. :)

these meta-comments me laugh real hard: (Spoiler - click to show)The reader is invited to employ imagination to simulate elaborate special effects such as multicolor text, and shaking, glowing, sparkling, or glittering words. (Spoiler - click to show)Oh, if only it were as easy as clicking a hyperlink, you would have done that long ago, and you wouldn't be in this mess in the first place. and (Spoiler - click to show)Don't go crazy searching for a winning ending. There are no alternate endings.

wacky it is, with some strong and slimy imagery. You begin vengeful and turn out to have all your plans spoiled and end your days very humbly...

BTW, whatever music there is (implied by a text), it went mute on my PC, thankfully.

It also ostensibly reminds that it was created with some AXMA Story Maker, a commercial tool. The "play" mechanics and interface are just like any other twine thing, though: click your way through wads of links...

A Piece of Cake, January 28, 2015
by J. J. Guest (London, England)
A lot of good quality writing has gone into this fast and funny Ectocomp entry. It's highly amusing and well worth playing, even if your actions don't have much influence on the outcome of the story.
Note: this rating is not included in the game's average.

If you enjoyed Devil's Food...

People who like Devil's Food also gave high ratings to these games:

Snowblind Aces, by C.E.J. Pacian
Two aces shelter from a snowstorm under the wing of a biplane. They've duelled and played in the air for years. Love is inevitable. But what kind of relationship will they end up in?

Horse Master, by Tom McHenry
The Game of Horse Mastery

Antropology, by Oreolek
** On benefits of speech. ** A micro abstract interactive text piece, about one minute long.

Devil's Food appears in the following Recommended Lists:

Ectocomp Games (All English Winners/Entries) by thecanvasrose

This is version 13 of this page, edited by Hanon Ondricek on 16 November 2017 at 10:13am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item