The Crimson Terrors of Delamay Manor

by Logan Noble

You’re a freelance journalist and you’ve taken on a writing job for your dream website. You’ve agreed to interview Thomas Delamay, a reclusive millionaire that lives in a mansion that the locals affectionally call Delamay Manor. You’ve heard tales of the Delamay family and their Manor. Of murder and darkness. Will you still step inside?

The Crimson Terrors of Delamay Manor is an interactive text adventure that takes you deep into the heart of a haunted manor. It features Lovecraftian horror and Gothic horror, told over two branching paths. Look for easter eggs and other secrets hidden within.

Who (or what?) will you meet inside Delamay Manor?

There is only one way to find out...

This was created for ECTOCOMP 2019. For more of my fiction, feel free to check out my website at logannobleauthor.com.

TUID: 6orm1z1m3z42nkf4

5th Place, La Petite Mort - ECTOCOMP 2019

A short Lovecraftian Halloween tale, November 12, 2019
I've rated this game on my 5 point scale:

Polish: The red color on the choices is a nice effect, but typos and grammar problems drag this point down.

Descriptiveness: Very good! Lots of vivid images here.

Interactivity: The available choices felt pretty satisfying, especially for such a short game!

Emotional Impact: The shortness and over-the-top-ness limited the emotional impact for me.

Would I play again?: I tried all the options, and I think I've seen everything I need to here.

Edit: Overall, I would say that all of the problems could be fixed by having more time. As a Speed-IF, this is good!

This is version 2 of this page, edited by Lance Campbell on 23 January 2020 at 11:40am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item