Return to the game's main page
Reviews and Ratings
Previous | << 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >> | Next | Show All
- Aryore, December 12, 2015
- Nancy Boo, November 22, 2015
- shornet (Bucharest), May 4, 2015
- Thrax, March 11, 2015
- CMG (NYC), January 18, 2015
- Werd, January 2, 2015
- Catalina, December 17, 2014
- Jared Brown, September 20, 2014
- Floating Info, September 1, 2014
- Pinstripe (Chicago, Illinois), August 29, 2014
- Tefrian (UK), August 10, 2014
- wendladarlings, June 24, 2014
- xavea (Alberta, Canada), June 23, 2014
- Jerako, May 29, 2014
- Ismarus, March 27, 2014
- Steven Watson (UK), March 11, 2014
- Simon Deimel (Germany), December 27, 2013
- Cloud-Of-Judgement (Eastern Europe), December 12, 2013
3 of 4 people found the following review helpful:Heed the Disclaimer, December 1, 2013
by streever (America)This game presents a muddled and incorrect theological perspective, that isn't particularly illuminating or enlightening. This leads to the only flaws in an otherwise well-written and engaging experience.
The shoddy theology makes it hard to recognize your choices as such, but the game makes great use of your choices, so it is frustrating that the developers limited understanding of Christian theology provides some inconsistent and illogical implementation. I recommend saving and using restore/undo as needed.
The actual mechanics of this game are fairly brilliant, and the writing is excellent. There are a few minor bugs (characters aware of events that haven't happened yet), but you can avoid them--and improve the overall experience--by restricting yourself to using "talk to character" instead of the more open-ended "ask".
Some of the puzzles are quite clever, and almost all of them involve multiple outcomes. Keep this in mind as you play; you are not restricted to the most obvious solutions. In this, the game does get closer to a proper Christian theology, although it still misunderstands the significance of this decision.
I enjoyed this game quite a bit and think it is well-done. Yes, there is some unsettling imagery, but I would rate it as "less disturbing than CSI".
Was this review helpful to you? Yes No
More Options| View comments (5) - Add comment
- PrincessKitten, November 10, 2013
- grainne6, October 26, 2013
- Adam Myers, September 19, 2013
- wrathofthomas, July 31, 2013
- kala (Finland), May 15, 2013
- Danielle (The Wild West), April 18, 2013