Nibatrus(TM)
Download at textadventures.​co.​uk
Play online at textadventures.​co.​uk

Nibatrus(TM)

by vanaskalaproducts

Follow the story of Nibatrus. Learn about the Black Sun Division, and the Red Hour Knights. Uncover the mysteries of the world that is unkown.

2013 Vanaskala Network. All Rights Reserved. 2013 District Of Royal Defense. All Rights Reserved.

Click here to begin your adventure.

First Publication Date: July 21, 2013
Development System: quest
IFID: CD43DB8E-9B3B-425A-A139-EA321851D162
TUID: 613umljky0re3bs

Clickityclickityclickityclickity, August 6, 2013
by Hanon Ondricek (United States)
I played the two available chapters in about three minutes or less. This is a CYOA built in Quest. It has some nice non-standard formatting as far as text colors and pictures. However, the game consists of about sixty short single lines of back and forth dialogue (preceded by a character icon), and your interaction is to click after each one. Each time, the screen is cleared and replaced with the next line of dialogue. On two or three occasions I had a choice of two things: once I could ask about "a circle?" of some kind...magical fooferaw that I really didn't pay attention to since I had gotten the hang of this by about click thirty-four. In another, it seemed like one of those obviously CYOA choices where it looks like you have a choice but you're saying the same thing with slightly different attitudes and you know it will lead to the same result.

This almost seemed like a simulation of one of those Nintendo RPGs where the dialogue is dribbled out to you, and you have to annoyingly wait for the text to all type out while going "biddabuddabiddabuddabiddabudda..." until you realize that pushing the button will complete the phrase, then you must frustratedly click twice, once to complete the phrase and then again to continue since you can read faster than the stupid biddabudda thing types.

I'm often frustrated by lack of choice in CYOA versus a parser adventure, but this hacked a tree down to just a woody stump. Luckily it's not long, because reading a linear story through a one-line-high slit that has to be inched down the page would get very old very fast. Come on, I can handle several paragraphs at a time! Give me some narrative flow and writing and not just lines of dialogue I must click through laboriously! Hopefully chapter 3 will introduce some more legitimate interaction.

This is version 1 of this page, edited by textadventures.co.uk robot on 29 July 2013 at 9:58am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item