cquest.zip
Contains Cquest.gam
solution
For all systems. To play, you'll need a TADS 2 Interpreter - visit tads.org for interpreter downloads. (Compressed with ZIP. Free Unzip tools are available for most systems at www.info-zip.org.)
cquest.gam
by David Welbourn

Coffee Quest II

by Dog Solitude

2002

In this very silly game, you play as a bored office worker who just wants a decent coffee. Go find it.

Current Version: post-comp
Baf's Guide ID: 1908
IFIDs:  TADS2-D6098490A885F5BBA6069927607E63B3
TADS2-47CE6CC51A0CBF39B4EB4924D39E7FFC
TUID: 5oxejp8ksydfe8x8

32nd Place - 8th Annual Interactive Fiction Competition (2002)

Before I started playing this game, my thought was, "What happened to Coffee Quest I?" After I started playing it, my thought was, "I really really hope I never find out." Lord, but this game is bad. It's so depressingly bad that the thought of spending three paragraphs enumerating its faults fills me with a yawning despair.

Explore a big office with some magical segments to get coffee, July 16, 2017
Related reviews: about 2 hours
This game is one of those frequent IFComp middle games that are big, fairly well polished, but without the snazzy setting or good cluing that would make it wonderful.

You explore an office with several cubicles, each presenting its own challenge (dealing with an npc, helping a tech repair guy, etc.)

Overall, though, you're unlikely to finish without a walkthrough.

Some bugs, reasonable puzzles, in-jokes, March 18, 2016
by Henck (Mozambique)
Overall, I think this game has its funny moments. The code does not bring the NPCs alive to any great extent, but it does present a fair number of office jokes. Since the puzzles are not very complicated, the game is a joke a minute as you run throught it.

NPC interaction is rather buggy, unfortunately. Then again, anything NPCs might say serves only as hints for puzzle-solving. There is no character development, but for a snack-sized game like this there doesn't need to be. That said, it would have been good if the author had put some more effort into character descriptions and interaction.

The game is full of jokes that only the author and friends understand, which can be off-putting.

Coffee Quest II on IFDB

Coffee Quest II appears in the following Recommended Lists:

My new walkthroughs for June 2019 by David Welbourn
On Friday June 28, 2019, I published new walkthroughs for the games listed below! Some of these were paid for by my wonderful patrons at Patreon. Please consider supporting me to make even more new walkthroughs for works of interactive...

This is version 3 of this page, edited by David Welbourn on 28 June 2019 at 2:44am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item