Burglary!

Burglary!

by Himself

Mystery
2006

'Burglary!', the game that puts you inside a house with the intent of finding (and stealing) a most precious item. Stealing has never been more text-based!

First Publication Date: July 1, 2006
Development System: quest
IFID: CE5719B01C42374FEAF870592452CE6C
TUID: 5n5ab3g7acoluun7

At least there's an exclamation mark in the title., April 7, 2015
by Wade Clarke (Sydney, Australia)
Related reviews: incomplete, Quest
Bug-ridden, incomplete, and unintentionally very funny.

The opening line is: "This text based game puts you inside a modern American with the intent to steal a very desirable item..." Presumably a kidney.

Room descriptions are definitely from the couldn't-be-bothered school: "There is a single window here but nothing else, really. Some grass I guess."

And for a game which is about breaking into a house to steal something valuable, the burglar protagonist has set some pretty low bars. My favourite response came when I entered GET TOWEL while scoping out the house's swimming pool:

"You pick up the towel. Nice."

If I'm this admiring of my completely unimpeded theft of a used towel from a suburban back yard at 12:34 AM, and apparently also of the towel itself, I don't think I really need to be heisting jewels to satisfy my will to power. Some much simpler and infinitely less dangerous activity is in order for me!

This is version 2 of this page, edited by textadventures.co.uk robot on 24 January 2013 at 12:03pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item