What to Expect When You're Expecting Hive Spiders

by Julian Hyde

The day when the Hive Spiders that live inside your bloodstream devour your grey matter and escape through the back of your neck is one of the most important moments in the life of a human being. It is vital that you are prepared.

License: Free
TUID: 4ytvf1aiiph1jtnx

The punch line is in the title., December 15, 2013
by Hanon Ondricek (United States)
Beyond the title, which earned a laugh from me, the game doesn't go very much farther than to detail the "stages" of hive spider infestation, and "what to expect" exactly as it says on the tin. It's nicely written, but doesn't go very much farther than that. Less a game than a slightly interactive guide that never tries for a better joke than the title.

I guess Twine is the system of choice for expressing angst, as the last few I've opened up have provided a list of "triggers"...in this case "spiders, body-horror". That's a decent way to self-regulate, I suppose.

I hate when Twine stories keep the default sugarcane theme with no modifications, and wish that authors would scale their text up if they are never going to provide a page of text that fills down past the top quarter of the screen.

This is version 1 of this page, edited by Leon Arnott on 15 December 2013 at 2:02am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item