Return to the game's main page
Reviews and Ratings
Number of Ratings: 1
Write a review
1-1 of 1
5 of 6 people found the following review helpful:There are hurdles between Find the Gold and Educational status., June 15, 2014
- The way new information fades in over the old information is likely to be visually and mentally irritating to any reader.
- The game prints the consequences of clicked on actions only after reprinting the current room description and hyperlinks. That would be OK for a 16kB game from 1980 but it's not OK for a Twine program from today with educational goals. Actions and their consequences get separated.
- The turn of phrase 'a door in back of you' is weird, and it's used all the time. I think in this context most Americans would still say, 'There is a door behind you.'
- The 'You can only take one thing!' message is important but poorly chosen. If it actually means 'You can only ever hold one thing', players will be confused. I was confused.
- It is difficult to download and open this HTML file-based game in the first place, requiring trickier than average navigation of Google Drive followed by manual dropping of the product on your web browser.
Find the Gold's writing, logic and programming all need lots more work. So does the distribution method.
Was this review helpful to you? Yes No
More Options| Add a comment
1-1 of 1 | Return to game's main page