Story file

IFID: A82458B1-79B0-48EC-BA2C-0C09B3ECEAAD
TUID: 4baspe41nmg34wen

Commended - ShuffleComp 2014

The best tea-making simulator I have yet encountered, June 12, 2016
A warm and delightful piece, in which the player is invited to make a cup of tea and a slice of toast (Marmite and butter presumably being unnecessarily complicated for a comp game, or perhaps the writer just wanted to avoid the whole controversial subject of toast toppings...).

It's timed, but this doesn't matter especially - there isn't a losing state in this game - so it's a no-stress experience. You'll probably want two goes, one for looking at things and one for getting everything just so. There are a few oddities - there's an inventory management issue, surprisingly - but nothing untoward.

A story plays itself out in messages as you go; the details change slightly each playthrough, building on what you know about the protagonist's experience.

If you enjoyed Tea and Toast...

People who like Tea and Toast also gave high ratings to these games:

August, by Matt Fendahleen

Don't Go In The Old Greene House, by Laura Knetzger
"(Content warning: contains depictions of abuse, neglect, suicide, blood, body horror.) A short video game I wrote, coded, and drew. Created with Twine. You play as Lisa, a teenager who must spend an hour in a haunted house on Halloween,...

Cactus Blue Motel, by Astrid Dalmady
Somewhere between New Mexico and Arizona, three friends were driving through a barren desert of red rocks, and wide empty skies. It was the end of summer, the end of high school, the end of so many things. And then they found the Cactus...

Tea and Toast appears in the following Recommended Lists:

IF Romances by Emily Short
IF in the romance genre is rare; here are a few I thought worked well.

The following polls include votes for Tea and Toast:

Games that are comfy and cozy by MarkyJez
I'm interested in trying out games that are more relaxed than a lot of IFs are. Though I do like the adventure and excitement of those particular IFs, I also want to try out other stuff that is more quiet and understated, the kind of...

Games that show everyday life by Sam Jackson
I'm looking for preferably short games that focus on part of someone's life in our world and preferably our time. I would like games with an emotional focus.

For Your Consideration: Games from 2014 that should be nominated for the XYZZY Awards by Molly
There were a lot of great games released in the past year, and now that the XYZZYs are coming up, it seems like a very good idea to take a poll of all the games from last year people would like to see nominated. The management has asked...

This is version 4 of this page, edited by Zape on 11 July 2020 at 10:40pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item