Till Death Makes a Monk-Fish Out of Me

2002

Previous | << 1 2 >> | Next | Show All

- Robb Sherwin (Colorado), December 29, 2017

- Sobol (Russia), August 19, 2017

Life after death after death after death...mid-length puzzle game, February 3, 2016

Monk-fish is a mid-length puzzle-y game in which you must deal with the after-effects of a failed scientific experiment. You explore an underwater base, encounter monk-fish, and generally have to puzzle out a very enjoyable story with vague similarities to Ingold's All Roads game.

The game is vaguely futuristic, somewhat like Walker and Silhouette. It gave me several laugh-out-loud moments.

This game was nominated for Best Game, Best Writing, Best Story, and Best Individual Puzzle. The puzzle it was nominated for was discovering a password, and is one of those 'to get A, you need B. So you get B, but first you have to do C, which you must have D to make sense of'. It is very, very fun, although I couldn't do step 'D' (whichever step that was).

The plot reminded me of a lot of TV shows going on right now where the protagonists is partly dead or partly alive.

- namekuseijin (anywhere but home), January 12, 2016

- Ikram (Swaziland), November 4, 2008

- Lenya, October 11, 2008

- Maze (Rome, Italy), August 12, 2008

- Anders Hellerup Madsen (Copenhagen, Denmark), July 21, 2008

So we're talking about a pretty phenomenal game, here. In fact, almost depressingly so, given that I'm an entrant this year and TDMAMOOM is miles better than my game. It's not perfect, mind. I found a few spelling and grammar errors, and there were times I wished for clearer descriptions of events and objects. But those flaws are minor and cosmetic, and they do nothing to change the fact that this is a damn good game. Bravo.

You wrote this review - Revise it | Add a comment