Zozzled

by Steph Cherrywell profile

Comedy

Hotsy-totsy! It's 1928 and you're madcap flapper Hazel Greene, tottering around the city's finest hotel with a gullet full of giggle juice...until a gaggle of ghosts shows up to spoil the fun by turning every drop in the place into lousy, undrinkable WATER. Explore the beautiful Poseidon Grand Hotel, meet Barnaby Mooch the Magnificent Pooch, and get splifficated on a snootful of ectoplasm in this paranormal puzzle comedy.

First Publication Date: October 1, 2019
TUID: 436g2gu94kxin4x7

Classic Cherrywell with a strong dose of spirits, October 7, 2019
Related reviews: about 2 hours
This game is the kind of thing Steph Cherrywell is known for: smooth humor, a large, easily navigable map, genre tropes pursued to their logical end, plenty of polish, and vivid characters.

I found this game's puzzles more logical than some other Cherrywell games, though I had trouble with one particular artist. Looking back, I ignored many, many, hints.

You play as a flapper (with all the 20's lingo) whose desperate for a drink. But it's all been soaked up by ghosts, so you have to hunt them down one by one!

I really enjoyed this game, and I think that it has a great chance of wining this year's comp.

If you enjoyed Zozzled...

People who like Zozzled also gave high ratings to these games:

Scars, by Olivia Dunlap
A Petite Mort entry for ECTOCOMP 2016.

EyeMoon: Protect My Precious Vilg!!!, by Porpentine
a weird strategy game featuring -multiple endings and secrets! -the ONLY strategy game where you can IRRESPONSIBLY GAMBLE while your TOWN is DESTROYED! -FOUR mind-blowing resources! -MULTIPLE locations to VISIT! -state of the art...

A Colder Light, by Jon Ingold
The last light has gone. The stars are coming out in the black sea above. Many are hidden by ice-fingered winds. My father is still not returned and the fire is almost gone. But this is how life is: always an edge. A thin sheet on a...

The following polls include votes for Zozzled:

Solved without Hints by joncgoodwin
I'm very interested in hearing truthful accounts of at least somewhat difficult games (or games that don't solve themselves at least) solved completely without recourse to hints, walkthroughs, etc.

This is version 1 of this page, edited by CMG on 5 October 2019 at 11:27pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item