A Brief Introduction To This Game

by Jacques Frechet profile

Humor

A prize-winning entry in the First Quadrennial Ryan Veeder Exposition for Good Interactive Fiction.

First Publication Date: March 14, 2016
Current Version: 14584-472-57695-6/12😹
TUID: 3xaemk4cx8enboxx

12th Place - First Quadrennial Ryan Veeder Exposition for Good Interactive Fiction

All I want to know is, March 15, 2016
(Spoiler - click to show)how did the author of this game know I don't drive an electric car?

A multiple choice quiz with some in-jokes about the Veeder Exposition, March 15, 2016
This game is a series of point-and-click multiple choice questions with some branching and/or randomization in the sequence of questions asked.

I found several of the questions to be amusing, such as recalling the correct actions to take in doing CPR and so on. Many of the questions relate to Ryan Veeder himself and the stewards Emily Boegheim and Jenni Polodna who helped organize the Ryan Veeder Exposition. This makes sense, because the competition was to write games just for him.

Overall, I hoped for more feedback on the question answers, and for more of a focus in the story. But it was a fun way to while away the minutes.

If you enjoyed A Brief Introduction To This Game...

People who like A Brief Introduction To This Game also gave high ratings to these games:

The Endling Archive, by Kazuki Mishima
Browse the Endling Archive to uncover the purpose of its creation.

The King of Shreds and Patches, by Jimmy Maher
January 14th Dear friend. My sojourn in parts foreign is at an ende. I am at lodgings in Southwark not far from the bridge at Stoney Street, come dine with me two days hence to ring in the newe year. I have not enjoyed amiable English...

climbing 208 feet up the ruin wall, by Porpentine
-OVER 207 FEET -MORE THAN 1,000,000 PROCEDURALLY GENERATED VINES -REALISTIC WEATHER SYSTEM -LOOKS LIKE WE GOT A “CLIMB”-INAL INVESTIGATION

This is version 3 of this page, edited by Jacques Frechet on 16 April 2016 at 4:32pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item