Symetry

Lovecraftian
1997

- Ivanr, June 16, 2017

A Rybread Celsius game about a mirror being, February 9, 2016

Rybread Celsius is an infamous author from the late 90s. His games were characterized by bad plotlines, poor spelling, and lame implementation. There is evidence that it was at least partially tongue in cheek.

This game tells you you are in the dark before you turn off the lamp. You Ellettsville in bed, and it tells you you are in bed, then you get in bed. The puzzles solution is a huge guess the verb problem. The story is disjointed; you read a letter, and face a mirror being.

- Simon Deimel (Germany), September 26, 2014

- Mr. Patient (Saint Paul, Minn.), April 27, 2011

- Mark Jones (Los Angeles, California), July 16, 2010

Oh, man. When I saw the title, one misspelled word, I began to feel the familiar dread. When I read the tortured sentences of the introduction ("Tonight will be the premiere of you slumbering under its constant eye.") the fear built higher. And when I saw the game banner, I knew that it was true: Rybread Celsius has returned! Yes, the infamous Rybread Celsius, author of last year's stunningly awful Punkirita Quest 1: Liquid and only slightly less awful Rippled Flesh. Rybread Celsius, who announced to the newsgroups that his games would suck, and proved himself extravagantly correct. Rybread Celsius: I hope it doesn't hurt his feelings if I call him the worst writer in interactive fiction today.

You wrote this review - Revise it | Add a comment

- Michel Nizette (Brussels, Belgium), January 17, 2008

- Miron (Berlin, Germany), December 10, 2007

More horror in the distinctive Rybread idiom. A mirror tries to eat your soul, and the only way to stop it is by referring to an object that isn't even in scope until the moment it's needed. Amazingly buggy for such a small game. Has fewer misspellings than the author's earlier works, but that's not saying much, and at any rate it makes up for it by misspelling the title. The prose continues awful, even to the point of including out-of-place Cthulhu references. Has a hint menu containing much rampant irrelevance.

-- Carl Muckenhoupt