Randomized Escape

by Yvan Uh

Survival Horror

It is late night in the middle of this silent street. What did you come to find? You slowly stand up trying to remember where you are, and how you ended up here. Half asleep, you start walking. Maybe you'll find something of use in here. Maybe you'll find a reason to be here.

Quick note on the mechanics: rooms, map, things, text and encounters are randomized every time you compile the game!

First Publication Date: October 1, 2019
TUID: 3g8vml76e8md7ygj

A very randomized glulx game that invites you to peak into its code, October 11, 2019
This game consists of a randomized layout of areas, each containing random pieces of decor, some of which benefits you, and randomized deadly encounters.

As a straight-up game, it has flaws. The text has many grammatical errors, the scenery can become repetitive, and it's hard to know how to strategize.

But an an experiment, I like it. Like many people, I've thought of writing a randomized game, but I've never really gotten around to it. This game shows how it could be done, and I think it would be worthwhile to tinker with the code here. I appreciate the author letting us see the code!

This is version 1 of this page, edited by CMG on 5 October 2019 at 10:57pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item