EctoComp 2013 compressed file
Contains Wisp.zblorb
This is a pseudo-format used to represent download adviser records that apply to multiple formats. (Compressed with ZIP. Free Unzip tools are available for most systems at www.info-zip.org.)

Wisp

23rd Place - Ectocomp 2013

In a twisty maze of marshes, all alike, December 7, 2013
by Molly (USA)
Related reviews: Ectocomp 2013
Wisp is basically a maze-that-is-not-a-maze game; the story is you're a traveler very late in getting home and must now deal with a Will-o'-the-wisp on the way back. The solution to this pseudo-maze is logical in the abstract, I suppose, but the actions required for it seem awfully arbitrary to me; if someone hadn't posted the solution on the intfiction.org boards I never would have finished it. As such, it may be considered of a piece with +=3, another game with an "illogical" logical solution.

Still, the game has plenty of atmosphere, and it was made as part of a group activity, in which everyone worked on and entered about one game each to Ectocomp. The author of Wisp didn't finish up in time to polish it, but entered it anyway because she promised she would, and such dedication merits an extra star, at least.

Rough, possibly unfinished maze game, December 3, 2013
This is a minimalist, rough maze game. It may not be completely finished.

I did manage to win, but I'm not sure what other options were available; this game could use a better sense of pacing.

Despite the minimalism, it does have a sense of atmosphere, which left me wanting a little more.

Wisp on IFDB

Wisp appears in the following Recommended Lists:

Ectocomp Games by thecanvasrose

This is version 2 of this page, edited by ifwizz on 16 November 2013 at 2:42pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item