Play Online via Wayback Machine

by Porpentine profile

Romanticism
2012

"Once I saw mountains angry,
And ranged in battle-front.
Against them stood a little man;
Aye, he was no bigger than my finger.
I laughed, and spoke to one near me,
'Will he prevail?'"
-Stephen Crane

Language: English, Castilian (en, es)
First Publication Date: May 15, 2012
TUID: 1zxtch399c45i5x

Overwrought, or not?, June 13, 2012
by Danielle (The Wild West)
I almost thought this was a joke game initially, with the highly dramatic descriptions and (Spoiler - click to show)very violent endings. But after settling in and realizing it wasn't a prank, I decided I liked the poetry of some of the scenes. And the different scenarios have different flavors, which, combined with (Spoiler - click to show)the winning ending led to a solid understanding of the theme.

Later on in the day, when I was watching something, it resurfaced in my mind. Any game that sticks with me after I've played it is worthwhile in my book--especially if it's short like this piece. My advice is: approach it as an interactive poem.

If you enjoyed A Place of Infinite Beauty...

People who like A Place of Infinite Beauty also gave high ratings to these games:

Stone Harbor, by Liza Daly
You're good at what you do: tell tourists pretty lies about love, money, and life after death. That's what people want from a boardwalk psychic, and you deliver. It's not the future you imagined for yourself, though, and sometimes you...

4x4 Galaxy, by Agnieszka Trzaska
4x4 Galaxy is a space exploration game with 16 planets that are different every playthrough thanks to procedurally generated content. Discover new worlds, battle space pirates and strange beasts, sell goods, explore abandoned mines, go...

A Murder In Engrams, by Noah Lemelson
Solve a murder by exploring the final memories of its victim, in a cyberpunkish future Seattle. Author's Comment: "A small project I made to learn Twine and experiment with Interactive Fiction in general. Content Warning: Some violence."

This is version 10 of this page, edited by Lance Campbell on 26 March 2020 at 11:06am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item